Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Steering Column Change DIlema
Just can't stay away
From A.C.T
Group:
Registered Users
Hi guys! so i had a shotty steering column in my 1200 ute and i sourced a asecond hand steering box and column asembly! seeing as my ute has a ca in it and barley enough room to get your fingers in i decided that it would be easier to replace the shaft and just leave the old box in the ute seeing as i wouldnt have to try disconnect the gear arm with the two hammer tactic, so after 4 or so hours of FKN around safe to say i was pretty happy to finnaly have the box and column back together! But WAIT! i reattatched the steering wheel.. and it doesnt TURN THE WHEELS !! DA FUQ! Any idea's of why? im pretty sure when i re installed the column into the shaft into box it was lined up with the gear side to the side of the box with the gears aswell. the box has no fluid in it yet seein as im pretty certain im jst going to have to pull it apart and try again>? but does anyone know if the fluid is there do anything besides lubriate the box gears ? plese help i realli dont want to have to try pull it apart again

Posted on: 2013/8/28 13:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Steering Column Change DIlema
Just can't stay away
From A.C.T
Group:
Registered Users
i can spin the Shaft but it just winds out to a point and goes hard and then back into a point and goes tight .. not turning the wheels what so ever ...

Posted on: 2013/8/28 13:36

Re: Steering Column Change DIlema
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Open in new window

Posted on: 2013/8/28 17:57

You can view topic.