Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: A16 - Concept
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Adelaide
Group:
Registered Users
Big and small! Compound turbo it! You get the benefits of the wide boost curve of a low pressure turbo and high boost pressures.

Posted on: 2018/6/5 12:30

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Daily driving a 660cc suzuki carry truck and must say
the small turbo is a treat, always in boost no lag
super economical and with the 5.11 diff ratio they
really get up and boogie at any speeds except over
120kmhr which is fine by me as no need to go faster
I would say smaller turbo singles especailly bb type
are very under rated for small engines.

Posted on: 2018/6/7 13:44

Home away from home
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I remember visiting Reg Cook in New Zealand on his Farm south of Auckland to buy some works Nissan bits from him and he had a 1298 cc A series he used for hill climbs and as he walked past it he have it a playful kick and said good engine that one 195 HP on the engine Dynometer shows what is possible with a good A series obviously it had all the titanium rods etc but was not from memory an AY head

Posted on: 2018/6/16 1:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
Registered Users
195hp from 1.3L they must have american dynos

Posted on: 2018/6/16 4:51

From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
D I wouldn't dismiss the 195hp claim out of hand. I've heard figures close to that from people I consider reliable. The guys here in the U.S. running D-Sports Racers where getting some serious numbers. They were doing things like running custom cranks, along with titanium rods et al. I remember seeing guys with those flat square screen oil filters taking them apart every day inspecting them for bits of bearings. They were rebuilding after every weekend. The cylinder heads had some really radical modifications, with the intakes reprofiled.

Posted on: 2018/6/16 5:34

Group:
Registered Users
The craziest heads come from Nissan racing department with all the best hardware (eg. all the goodies) but would not equal a late Hayabusa 16v 197hp ate 1340cc etc. History Lessons from Feral Erol mentioned the best Formula Atlantic A13 engines made 165-170hp.
Maybe better torque at lower rpm thanks to 82mm stroke vs busas 63mm but for hp its hard to imagine them beating todays $$$$ sprint tuned X1/9 Fiat 1500cc 16v race engines that win regular hillclimbs in Europe and make 196hp. Nissans Sr16ve also with 300cc 195hp. Reg Cook was successful in the early 80s with a Nissan prepped A15 sunny but only for one year, success also means great business potential along with stories to boost sales and services.
He was human and able to Cook his own facts :) Peter Brock an Aussie equivalent even tried
to flog energy polarizers which went beyond the norm of tall tales.

Interesting reading considering he was a monumental racing legend
http://blog.rarespares.net.au/post/20 ... -The-Brock-Polarizer.aspx

Posted on: 2018/6/16 17:43

Edited by D on 2018/6/17 12:55:48

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
While it is normally wise to be skeptical about power claims such as this, I'd believe Reg saw 195hp on his dyno. He had access to all the Nismo gear and helped the works department develop engines throughout the late 70s and 80s. He knows more than all of us put together about these motors. Currently he has the worlds fastest N/A SR20VE & K20A if that helps with 'Cooking' the facts.

Posted on: 2018/6/17 23:55

From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
As mentioned earlier the D-sports guys were zoning them to 9800 and their were a couple of guys were actually running lower spec engines for practice at the national championships. They would then put in their race engine for a 20 lap race.

One of the guys I know was getting 178hp from a 1300........from a A13, he went to the E-series head on A-series block because it offered slightly more power but more importantly the motor would run all weekend without having to check it after every session.

Posted on: 2018/6/18 3:30

Home away from home
From melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
I think A13 195 hp is achievable now-adays in full race specs. In 1988/ 89 a $4K Gordan Dobie engine got 177 hp in an A14. And nothing too special in todays standards. I know not an A13 but the point is , I got an extra 8.5 hp just from my secret fuel. Thats about 5%. We actually dynoed it twice playing with fuel mixtures. I used the same fuel mixture in my CBR600 back in 2004 and got 11 hp increase when dynoed. in all fairness, you dont know what has been done in modern development and money and in secret

Posted on: 2018/6/18 8:22

Group:
Registered Users
For some weird reason the B310 fanbase in Japan is bigger than for the 1200 coupe
Plenty of polls show Japanese are die hard B310 lovers over even a fairlady Z.
I dont really know the B310 racing history but Im pretty sure anything OHV the
famous American V8 tuners were achieving, was borrowed by Nismo A "gatta" section.
178hp for 1.3L is 137hp per litre
195hp for 1.3L is 150hp per litre

Even today those figures are only achieved with boost not even a Honda s2000
or Steve Newings winning 1.9L ca18de with 242hp powered stanza coupe.
Steve Newings honestly stated he won in his 1200 coupe in the 21st century!
with only 150hp ate A14 to increase durability and improve torque curve.
He beat anything Gordon built for competitors against him.

Posted on: 2018/6/18 14:51

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]