Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

A14 complete and H89 racing head
Home away from home
From Melbourne, Aus.
Group:
Registered Users
I am selling an A14 motor which is complete with alternator,dizzy manifolds and carb, and clutch. It has An H75 head on it and has been stored in my garage since I bought it. It will come with the head I bought from Benny, the H89 with the works.
I have copied this info from when I bought it because all its done is sit on the shelf in my office, and I have not had a chance to touch it as things have changed.

Ports - Inlet 38mm tall x 30mm wide
- Exhaust 29.2mm tall x 27.4mm wide

The ports have had extensive work around the short radius and the area around the back of the valve.

Valves - Inlet 40mm head 8mm stem stainless
- Exhaust 33mm head 8mm stem stainless

Head has been angle milled in order to stand the valves a little more upright. This helps with piston to valve clearance when you have high lift cam and large diameter valve heads. Helps also with avoiding deep flycuts in the piston crown.

Because the head has been angled milled the thickness differs from the port side compared to the spark plug side of the head. Thickness dimensions are:

74mm port side.
68.5 spark plug side.
~ 71mm in the middle.

In addition the push rod holes have been enlarged to account for the angle, The head bolt holes have also been milled square to the head gasket face, so that the head bolts clamp square to the block.

Comes with double valve springs and custom spring retainers and has new manifold studs fitted. 1 Valve guide will need to be replaced due to what looks like to be a crack near the cir-clip where the guide is pressed into the head.

Located Mitcham Vic

Posted on: 2013/10/13 8:38

Edited by crumb on 2013/11/25 9:22:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: A14 complete and H89 racing head
Home away from home
From Melbourne, Aus.
Group:
Registered Users
Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2013/10/13 8:48

Edited by crumb on 2013/11/25 9:22:41

Guest_
Pixs of head crumbbum

Posted on: 2013/10/13 9:42

Home away from home
From Melbourne, Aus.
Group:
Registered Users
Here is a link to the thread when I bought it from Benny, it's got all the photo and info as well. If anyone wants specific photos I will take them and post them but it's currently rapped and taped up in bubble rap and I would prefer to leave it as is. I opened it and checked it when Benny sent it to me and then I rapped it taped it up and stuck it on the shelf where it still sits.

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/v ... =ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

Posted on: 2013/10/13 10:23

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Hey there ,just enquiring about the engine /head you advertised. still got it?

Posted on: 2013/11/24 4:06

Guest_
He does.

Posted on: 2013/11/24 10:38

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Melbourne Australia (and likely under the car)
Group:
Registered Users
price?

Posted on: 2013/11/25 10:17

Home away from home
From Melbourne, Aus.
Group:
Registered Users
I would like to get what I paid for the head which was $950. And I'm open to offers on the A14 which now does not have the manifolds anymore.

I do have other bits and pieces for a series as I no longer have A series , alternator starter motor dizzy etc

John did you get yourself a set of caster rods?

Posted on: 2013/11/27 10:23

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Melbourne Australia (and likely under the car)
Group:
Registered Users
I'll say up front that sometimes text is a poor method of communication, so if the next questions seem a little off, please put it down to that issue, I'm not in any way being critical.

I'm trying to work out an offer (and at the same time work out if its something I want badly enough for x amount of money, or y amount of money etc) so I've got to get an accurate picture of what is actually on offer.

So:

the highly modified head is untouched since you bought it, meaning it will need one valve guide replaced?

does the other head - the h75 one come with the a14 (or in other words if I made an offer for the race head and the a14, is the other head that was originally on the a14 come as part of the package, or is it already gone?

the a14 - I'm assuming it is more or less a std engine, in reasonable, and at the very least re-buildable condition?

If not, what oversize are the bores, what cam is in it, are the crank journals still std sized or has it been re-co'd and ground to the first undersize?

Has the block itself been decked since it left the factory?

you mention the manifolds are now gone, is the alternator and dizzy still there?

I've read your dollar $$ figure for the race head, could you give me a ballpark of what you'd want (hypothetically) for the a14 with h75 head and whatever remains of it (dizzy alternator etc) 'without' the race head.

I'm also more than happy if you would rather PM me all or any of the reply incase it could for some weird reason compromise any potential offers from other forum members, or whatever.

-----

re: the caster rods - I've got one complete set for sure, and maybe a second (I have to double check, I may actually have 3 rods in total, not 4). I didn't manage (so far) to get any of the ones that were recently advertised, so if you happen to have any late model ones with the groove to clear the ball joint attachment bolts, I'd be very keen on them (and that would be the case no matter if I end up buying the a14 and or the race head or not buying them - I'd still be after caster rods)

Posted on: 2013/11/28 8:23

Home away from home
From Melbourne, Aus.
Group:
Registered Users
Due to a change in circumstance the A14 and head are no longer available.

Posted on: 2013/11/28 22:45

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.