« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)

Re: Elrich11's CA18DET 1200 Ute
Home away from home
From Geelong, Victoria
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

supafatto wrote:
How did you go with the bump steer test and are you running a front runner or full sized front tyre

I haven't measured the bump steer, but might go through the process just out of interest. It hasn't had any unusual characteristics on the road and I've driven probably 1000ks on rough roads and 110+ Kph. I am running the 145s at the front atm but have run a 185 during the roadworthy and engineering stages (Engineer was a 2hr drive each direction on country roads)so I have spent a few hours in it with both tyres, no real noticeable difference with normal driving.
When I installed the S13 arms and S14 tie rod ends, I used the RCA type for both. This gave a more favourable angle for the LCA and also increased the distance the tie rod had to extend (needed to get the correct alignment without modifying the tie rods otherwise they bottom out) this improved the angle compared to the LCA as well. If you used the RCA spacer on the arms and the standard tie rod ends, the geometry looks all wrong. If you use standard arms, they are almost completely horizontal and too long for my application. I also haven't slammed the ride height which probably helps.
See the photo of the final setup. You can see the RCA spacers on the LCA an TE. If I get time over the weekend, I'll set it up so I can measure the bump steer and let you know.

Attach file:

jpg  Arm2.jpg (190.41 KB)
17122_5b58f8553db9f.jpg 908X681 px

Posted on: 2018/7/25 23:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.