Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Clutch sleeve problem
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
You know, I think you are the first person to actually measure one since that article was written.

Hmmm, if there actually is a factory Longer than standard, that would explain it.
* H10/H75 standard
* H50 short
* H85 long??? (H85 was never used in USA)
The Pitroad photo may be comparing H10 to H85. McKay's lengthened sleeve may match H85.

In any case you I think a long one is not needed to solve the problem. Using the thicker A14/A15 flywheel might solve the problem. Unless you already are. I've never actually tried using a 60-series gearbox with an A12 (which is what H85 was used for).

Posted on: 2015/10/7 10:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Not too shy to talk
From Houston, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
My bad on the 8670, I meant 8560 like shown in the picture you posted here. In that same pic is the 7500 that I have. I need that longer one. I cannot find that part number online anywhere. A shorter version than that 7500 is not shown anywhere in the wiki. ALL the references to this "standard" sleeve show dimensions that indicate it is the shorter of the two quotes sleeves. I believe that there is only two parts, that being a standard and a longer, not a shorter. I know people say there is one based on all the differences in combinations, but until someone can show in pictures a shorter sleeve than the 7500 I won't believe it. The evidence I see says the 30501-H7500 (and 30501-H1000 that it replaced) measures 21mm and in the pic with the part numbers on the bag, is the shorter of the two. None of the pictures show a part shorter than that one. Several references in the wiki with dimensions noted for the 7500 are wrong, and by extension all become suspect.

And to repeat my setup as I posted before, I am running an A12 withe a 28mm flywheel (standard A12 flywheel), engine plate (not dust shield), and a 60A five speed. I have not measured the distance on the ball stud. I'm at work so I can't right now. When it was all in the car the bearing would not even touch the pressure plate, so I need a longer sleeve.

I'm not trying to offend anyone who gave input to the wiki, but something ain't right. I was just hoping someone had better info. I guess I'm going to have to order a 30501-H5000 and see if it is indeed shorter as the wiki says or is actually longer like I believe it will be.

Posted on: 2015/10/7 13:30

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
H10/H75 is the standard one, it came on B110
H50 is the shorter one

This H85 i've never seen, but it is online, see Google search for "30501-H8560".

What is your combination?

Posted on: 2015/10/7 23:50

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
With your combination, you definitely need the longest housing. You can remove the engine plate & use either the engine plate, or if you can find a B310 (210) auto half plate, this has the right size holes for the 60A. Leaving the plate off moves the transmission forward enough to use the standard length housing.
Using the thicker A14/15 flywheel will move the pressure plate back enough to use the standard length. I have done the a12 flywheel with plate & 5 speed, & did need the long one. I got so used to it that when I did an A15 flywheel with no plate, the clutch completely locked up because of the long housing. It took me 3 removals of the trans before I was told what was wrong by a friend.

Posted on: 2015/10/8 8:58
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Not too shy to talk
From Houston, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Got it working.

I had missed that the engine plate was not really supposed to be there, so out it came. I still didn't get enough travel out of it, so I had two ideas. One was to cut a big fender washer I had to use as a spacer between the throw out bearing and the sleeve. That seemed like it would take forever with the tools I had on hand (Dremel). The one I went with was to remove the pivot ball and put a washer under it to move it forward a bit. Ended upwurking great. I'd still like to explore the sleeves more, but don't feel like spending the moolah on it. I'd like to physically see this shorter sleeve (5000), and the longer one as well (8560).

Posted on: 2015/10/11 3:04

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Glad to hear it worked out.

The H50 short sleeve came in B210 4-speed car ([edit:] in USA only 1974, but worldwide most B210). So you may be able to find one at a junkyard. I think none of us have ever seen the long version.

Posted on: 2015/10/11 4:53

Edited by ddgonzal on 2015/10/11 7:09:37

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.