Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

review of Camber Tops
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Hey guys, can you review the tech info on Strut Tops? Is it accurate or missing anything?

I've used coilovers but never used camber tops. The info has been compiled from club posts over the years.

Posted on: 2015/11/9 23:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: review of Camber Tops
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Townsville, Qld
Group:
Registered Users
I get -3.5 reg camber using my strut tops and ball joints on the stanza struts if that helps.

Posted on: 2015/11/10 1:06

Home away from home
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
A nice option for road use because Spherical bearings can rattle and drive you nuts is to shorten up the spring perch and make a flat plate top mount to suit the car and then get hold of a pair of S30 early 240~260Z front strut tops and offset the mounting points on the flat plate mount on the strut tower to where you wish it, The plate is required as an adapter because the Zed tops are much smaller than other datsuns but bolt up to your strut shafts OK.

The Zed tops are a much smaller diameter and allow more leeway in locating in the strut tower but are best used with 4 inch diameter spring conversion at the same time and are low maintenance items that live real nice in the real world for a road car, Oh and they are firmer rubber than the average Datto as well as more compact so a nice road mod that also works OK for occasional Motorsport use on tar and perfectly reliable off road for rallying.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 11:03

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
dd do you know if the c/tops work with air susp. as well. I would like to use air susp. as i quite like the system (used it a lot on luxury bus)the air susp can take a beating ---used to drive in places a baboon with a walking stick would'nt go.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 16:59

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
I have the Noltec cushioned ones and the cushion material deteriorated. They were close to 10 years old when they let go but the car had never been driven and they were just bearing the weight of the car.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 23:11

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
10 years is a long time for aftermarket rubber parts. The original Datsun parts last even longer but Datsun quality was quite good.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 3:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]