Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Tom and Danny's KB10 race car
Home away from home
From Newcastle (NSW)
Group:
Registered Users
Hello Danny & Tom,
Great to see the ol' girl in action again.

FYI: I watched the youtube videos. For what is worth, it sounds exactly the same to my ear with your engine in it. Also, that's a very interesting comparison with the Aussie Car. I had been curious to see the difference between the super-light AC with motor bike engine and sequential close ratio box, versus the 1000. Interesting...

BTW Mick still has a 1200 coupe with my new race-prepped A15 in it that was in my road car at the time you saw it. We should get a bunch of datsuns back on the track.

"Or do you want to buy it back again after we're finished with it" - Sorry Paul. We got dibs on that!! Its in the contract...

Daniel.

Posted on: 2016/1/12 3:29

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Daniel,

We are heading out to Marulan tomorrow for another test day. We've managed to fit some wider rubber so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. Lots of photos, video and feedback to follow..

Danny

Posted on: 2016/3/27 9:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2016/3/29 12:46

Edited by Tom1000 on 2016/4/4 12:24:21

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Was a good day shortened at 3pm by a sloppy rotor button. Yep still got points. This car is old tech.

My first drive of it since I sold it in 1992 and it was fun. Tom improved 1.5secs on his previous time with a 49.6 and I was .5 slower.

One thing we need to sort out before its next run, is rear bump and body roll. The tyres rub on the guards which affects roll stiffness as the car gets towards full lean.

So until next time, cheers.

Posted on: 2016/3/30 10:35

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2016/4/4 12:22

Home away from home
From Newcastle (NSW)
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Daniel (& Tom),
Good to hear. Nice photos too. I'm interested to know how different it feels now compared to when you sold it. I've no idea what has changed since then apart from getting older and the things we changed ourselves.

The new rubber should've made a big difference. From memory, the 14's on the car were 2007 or 2008 vintage.
Are there any new movies?
DC.

Posted on: 2016/4/18 4:22

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Too long ago to compare. Overall fairly easy to drive. I had no success back then with a locked diff. Being the smaller 145 diff, I'd break an axle after a lap or two. Now with the ute diff you or Paul fitted (?) it seems unbreakable. Feels good compared to what I recall of the open diff I had.

We've been doing a lot of remedial work. The rose joints and brackets of the sway bar were breaking up so there's been welding, new rod ends and misalignment washers machined and fitted. The clamps for the rear leaf springs also broke at our last run so that's been replaced. And this afternoon we found out why the brakes weren't doing their job. The pistons were jamming up. New calipers will be fitted tomorrow as the current ones are beyond repair and need to be sleeved if possible.

Main efforts at the moment are to get it to handle properly with the wider wheels and tyres we fitted. We've cut and welded the guards back and refitted the flares to higher positions.

Got an event this Sat after which we'll probably think about how we can re-configure the suspension. I have some ideas to explore with camber control and roll axis.

Tom's also sorting out a go-pro or equiv so hopefully we'll have some more videos soon.

Anyway that's about it so until next time, cheers.

Posted on: 2016/4/18 15:22

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.