« 1 (2)

Re: b120 master cylinder
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Quote:
I just jumped in the truck and the pedal has very little travel in it all of a sudden, not locking up yet though
It should have little travel in the pedal, if the Master Cylinder pushrod is adjusted correctly, and the rear drum brakes are adjusted, there should be as little as 5mm of travel when you push lightly, say with your pinky finger

The Master Cylinder pushrod is adjusted by inserting (or removing) shims between the MC and the firewall. Insert shims on outside of firewall until pedal height is 139.5 to 143.5 mm off the bare floor (remove the floor mat to check, also back off the pedal Stop Lamp switch). If there is insufficient play, the MC may not release pressure, causing intermittent brake binding

Posted on: 2016/8/3 0:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Quite a regular
From Aberdeen, UK
Group:
Registered Users
Ah i see. Ill check for that bad earth. I was thinking that may be the problem after going through everything else.

Ill check my trvel but I think it was ok last time i checked. Ill check now to make sure though.

Thanks

Posted on: 2016/8/3 10:05

Quite a regular
From Aberdeen, UK
Group:
Registered Users
think the travel may have been the problem. I took the pin out to release the rod fromt he pedal and then attached it again and the pedal nearly hit the floor. So Iv shimmed out the MC and ill see how that goes

Posted on: 2016/8/3 11:53

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.