« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Upgrading a '74 Datsun 120Y (B210)
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Quote:
Anyone's got an idea on why the horn honks for half a second just at the moment the blinker switch returns to neutral after a left turn?
I would check for a loose turn signal switch. It causes unusual problems if it's not screw on tight. It may not be the cause, but it's simple and takes only a few minutes to check. Remove 4 screws, then check the two machine screws

You can see the machine screws here
Open in new window

You may find another problem like a broken part in this switch. So give it a quick visual inspection

Posted on: 2016/8/1 1:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Here's the horn button tab, so you can guess how a loose Turn Signal switch can affect it

To get a good look at this tab, the Steering Wheel need to be removed, which also means you can inspect the pins on the Steering Wheel underside. You might be able to see a problem while the wheel is still attached

Attach file:

jpg  19645.jpg (52.23 KB)
174_579e94be04978.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2016/8/1 1:15

Not too shy to talk
From Norway
Group:
Registered Users
Hello again peeps! Four years have passed, not much has happened, really. I installed an electric fuel pump in place of my failed old vacuum pump. This makes firing the ol' girl up a pleasure! But, crap from the fuel tank has clogged the lines and the carby, so it's not in use at the moment. I'm gonna do the A15 swap now I think, but I'll ask you wizards again;

This 1974 Europe-spec B210 - I don't have to mess with the crossmember when swapping in the A15? It will fit without tampering? I'll just move the engine mount brackets from the A12 over to the A15 - the A15 has currently got Vanette mounts, and those won't fit, right. Right?

Posted on: 2020/6/9 22:52

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.