Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Fuel Level Sender Compatibility
Home away from home
From Geelong, Victoria
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Guys,
I have a fuel cell with a 0-90ohm level sender. The easy way to get an accurate level is to buy an aftermarket fuel level gauge with the correct range, however I want to limit the number of additional gauges I have hanging off my dash. I like the stock instrument cluster and want to utilise it as much as possible.
Has anyone had experience adapting the factory fuel level gauge to an aftermarket sender with a different working range? Can it actually work with modification or is it simply impossible? I don't mind if it's difficult or more expensive, I would simply like to use what is already there if I can? Let me know your ideas / experience. Cheers.

Posted on: 2016/8/23 11:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fuel Level Sender Compatibility
Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
Hey mate, I had an R31 sender recalibrated to work with a S15 gauge by Lionel Otto Instruments in Brisbane. It was a around $200 - $250 I think. Maybe see if there is a similar place local to you and ask them.

Posted on: 2016/8/24 0:36

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Your 0-90 sender should work OK with the stock Datsun 1200 gauge. The 1200 sender is 10-90

Posted on: 2016/8/24 3:10

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
The 0-90 will read way past 'F' when the tank is full. Come to think of it, that's what most 1200s do. They weren't very accurate. Mine all went way past the F when full and had two gallons or so at E

Posted on: 2016/8/24 3:43

Home away from home
From Geelong, Victoria
Group:
Registered Users
That's great, thanks DD. Just the kind of advice I was after. I don't mind if it reads conservatively, in fact I'd prefer it. So long as I get an indication when it is getting low, I'm happy. I've had road bikes in the past that never even had level gauges only a light that would come on to tell you that you might be legging it soon. When I went on longer rides I just made sure I topped up before I left, never had an issue. If it was a daily driver I might want it a bit more accurate, but for what I need close enough will do.

Posted on: 2016/8/24 6:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]