Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Clutch problem.......
Just popping in
From UK
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys,

I hope all is well with you Datsun fans!

Well after saving and many items have been purchased so I am finally getting the work underway on my 72 Datsun B110 build.

BUT.....I am having a bit of a nightmare with the clutch!

I have a mint Datsun A14 engine that I am turbocharging and have all the engine bits to do this and this build has been proven to put out 350hp but we are tuning it to 250hp with a rolling high boost of 300hp - so it would be wise to rate the Clutch to 350hp.

The gearbox I am using on this car is a Toyota 3T and we are in need of a clutch to use for this application of A14 to 3T through a Dellow bellhousing kit.

The current clutch/pressure plate set up is 180mm for the totally standard A14.

The 7.25'' Tilton clutch has been suggested and with your collective experience will this work and be able to cope with the power and what modification is required to the existing flywheel?

Do you guys have any suggestions of any other clutch kits that will work to a power level of upto 350hp?

I want the clutch to be as road friendly as possible - naturally.

I will look forward to hearing from you all.

Take care

Dave in the UK!

Posted on: 2017/7/13 6:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Clutch problem.......
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Hi Dave,

Stock A14 clutches are rated at 361 kg clamping force, and are good for maybe 100 ft. lbs of torque. If your engine puts out 300 hp at 5000 rpm it will exceed the torque rating by 3x. The Nismo A14 clutch doubles the clamping force but it still won't handle 300 ft lbs torque, so we recommend using the 215mm SR20 clutch cover. Don't know if it will fit in your transmission case. You could also use a racing 200mm cover and the Pulsar disk which works with the A14 (most 200mm clutches won't be strong enough for 300 ft lbs of torque). More info is at SR20 Clutch on A-series Flywheel

Posted on: 2017/7/13 9:21

Re: Clutch problem.......
Just popping in
From UK
Group:
Registered Users
Hello,

Thanks for the info, I am currently investigating a custom Tilton clutch set up.

Set to 200 or 215mm but there are many many options we can use with this company on the flywheel but it is about getting the right balance of road/race driveability while avoiding heavy clutch and noise.

We may need to modify the A14 flywheel and rebalance but will see....

Waiting to hear back from Dellow about conversion kit but as soon as I do I will order it.

Very excited and will post some photos when I get a chance...

Thanks and any and all advice welcome.

Best regards,

Dave

Posted on: 2017/7/14 17:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.