Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Musical motors
Home away from home
From Mordialloc Victoria 3195
Group:
Registered Users
The Clubman 7 - We'll call this motor A15 No.1 . I blew this up a Winton raceway , distroying piston No2 and the block sidewall in the process. Pulled it out and and got it sleeved ,bored , cam bearings, ballanced crank , bought all new pistons ring bearing etc and stuck it on a shelf dissassembled.

The Datsun 1200 wagon - I bought a wagon from Qld's with the intension of doing it up but apon further inspection the body was toast but the motor seemed good ( ported head, big valves high comp pistons, twin carbs etc) We'll call this A15 No. 2. So pulled it out of the car , put in the A12 that I had taken out of the Green ute and sold it off for a loss. So A15 No. 2 then went into the Clubman 7. It blew several head gasket and delving deeper found that the sleave repair on this motor was dodgy. Stripped all the good bits off and now its just used as a mock up blank.
Bought a beautiful virgin block from Ernie ( thank you ) rebuilt it with all the good bits and now its just about to go back in - We'll call this A15 No.3

The Green Ute - I had bought an A15 complete from a guy in Sydney ( they are always in another state )that just didnt get around to fitting into his ute. We'll call this A15 No. 4. So I just did the normal checks, A12 out ,cleaned it up, wacked on EFI and a turbo on E85 + 60 series 5spd and to this day it still pulls like a train - Thank you Simon

The Orange Coupe - Out came the sweet running A12 +4speed - Its now sitting on a trolley like an ornament waiting for something , I dont know. I bought a complete motor and 60 ser. 4speed that came out of a triumph herald for $250. We'll call this motor A15 No. 5 . So once again just checked it and cleaned it up and in it went in front of another 60 series 5spd but had all sorts of trouble getting it to run right.
After long hours and countless swaps of stuff I assumed it was sometimg internally wrong so I dragged out the A15 No. 1 from the shelf and rebuilt it brand new to go in its place - oops same problems. Ended up being a carb that we just couldnt get right. Therefore A15 No 5 should be ok

So to end, once A15 No. 3 is up and running in the Clubman 7 ( next week ), I'll start to build up A15 No 5 into a super turbo motor ( have most of the bits now ) Once its done, this will take the place of
A15 No. 3 in the Clubman 7 , and it, will go into the Coupe, leaving A15 No 1 as a spare.

So you got all that

Cheers dp

Posted on: 2017/9/28 9:22

keep it simple
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Musical motors
Home away from home
From gold coast QLD australia
Group:
Registered Users
I only nodded of twice but did finnish the story.keep up the engine building

Posted on: 2017/9/28 12:10

Re: Musical motors
Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds a lot like that old Abbott and Costello comedy routine 'Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third...'

All I can say is you have a lot of A15's. Look forward to hearing about the Super Turbo build.

Posted on: 2017/9/30 0:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]