Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bleed clutch system, Master & Slave
Home away from home
From Seattle ,WA.
Group:
Registered Users
hopefully someone here has a solution, before the cam replacement I had an issues w/not being able to get into gear after sitting for a length of time, week, month, etc... the system would start working again intermittently after pumping the clutch pedal a bunch then it'd work for awhile.

I assumed I had a bad slave piston sticking. So after redoing the cam Im onto the clutch. Replaced slave w/new one and cannot get it to bleed out. Then pulled MC and replaced it with an new extra 110 unit I had, bench bled, no air, installed and still cannot get it to bleed out. Pulled new slave, inspected both new & old, blew w/compressed air - both pistons move well, replaced MC again w/another new MC I had for 210 (swapped pushrod from 110 MC for correct stroke) still no bueno!

I've got a vacuum system but it just keeps pulling bubbles, I believe the hose at the nipple on slave is leaking a tiny bit.

I had the helper method of pumping the pedal a million times but still no good. I perplexed as this is such a simple system, if there was a pinhole in the lines there'd be a leak, most MC's I ever seen fail leak and bypass simultaneously and its unlikely all 3 MC's would be fails.

I have the clutch fork tied back to leave slack for the adjuster rod on the slave but pumping the pedal never moves the slave piston.

Im annoyed and baffled - any thoughts or solutions?

Posted on: 2018/5/26 22:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bleed clutch system, Master & Slave
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
I've had 100% success with the one-man non-vacuum bleeding. Two-man bleeding has been problematic

can be done by one person (no assistant needed)
1. Put about 1" new fluid in a clear glass. Place glass on ground. The fluid prevents air from going back up into the cylinder
2. put a hose from the bleeder to the bottom of the glass, making sure the new fluid covers end of hose
3. Crack the bleeder slightly
4. pump the pedal while you watch the glass (lie on the ground with the door open, and work the pedal with your hand). When air bubbles stop coming out, it's done. Often this only takes two or three pumps.
5. tighten bleeder
6. top-up the master cylinder. DO NOT REUSE BRAKE FLUID

Any spilled brake fluid should be rinsed off painted surfaces with lots of water.

By the way, a common problem with clutch not working is the clutch master cylinder leaking internally. So no fluid leaks out, yet it won't fully activate the slave. To test if that's the problem, take the cap off the master, and watch while you pump the clutch pedal. If the fluid level RISES as the pedal goes down, the first piston seal is leaking. In extreme cases a jet of fluid will shoot up

Posted on: 2018/5/27 0:33

Re: Bleed clutch system, Master & Slave
Home away from home
From Seattle ,WA.
Group:
Registered Users
well sometimes the obvious isn't too obvious. Apparently all 3 of the clutch Mc's I had were all bad. One was NOS that id saved as a just in case, remember buying it off ebay few years aback, one was a new B210 MC that I kept after ordering wrong.

New MC from Oreillys for a B210 bought yesterday, swapped the pushrod, bled as david suggests and success.

way too easy to get fooled into thinking your parts should be fine....

Thanks David!

Posted on: 2018/5/28 17:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.