Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Fuel in vacuum line....
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
I have a blowthrough a12 and an annoying issue that I have not been able to find any answers to by searching on here and on google etc. the keywords I have tried just brings up unrelated information, so I am hoping someone may have some experience with the following:
I am getting FUEL in my MANIFOLD VACUUM line that feeds to my boost gauge, BOV and Distributor.

I used the factory port on the manifold and have a 90 degree fitting pointing upwards (was originally straight out, but swapped it to try). It tees to my BOV and Dizzy and tees again from dizzy to boost gauge inside car. I would not be surprised to see small amounts of fuel in there as the vapour would condense when not running. However after 30 mins or so of driving, there is a solid 20cm or so of petrol pooled in the line at the boost gauge (using transparent vacuum line). I can unplug the gauge and drain the petrol out. It comes out in a stream. It is a lot lol. It is dark brown/yellow in colour.
What am I doing wrong!? I'm pretty sure it's not right.

Fuel pressure regulator is on seperate line - so it's not the fuel pressure regulator leaking.
Still playing with jetting for tune but could it just be from dumping too much fuel into manifold?
My BOV was full of petrol when I took it off too... I'm guessing the dizzy is he same.
Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. When I google I just get stuff about fuel pressure regulators and manifold vacuum.
Cheers!

Posted on: 2018/8/29 4:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fuel in vacuum line....
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster

Posted on: 2018/8/29 9:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.