Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Nippon Pistons for A15
Home away from home
From Fort Worth, Texas
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone ever use Nippon pistons for an A15 rebuild? Supplier is giving a part number that cross references to the A15 forklift engine. Same engine I suppose and I'll be able to use my connecting rods? These pistons are .020 oversize which is what I have been looking for. I think Nippon pistons and rings are made in Japan. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on: 2021/3/10 4:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Nippon Pistons for A15
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
A15 engines are all the same, from 1979-2011. However the pistons vary, with about six different designs to match three different cylinder head chamber shapes. see details at Pistons#A15. Forklift pistons as far as I have seen are identical to various car pistons

Posted on: 2021/3/10 5:20

Home away from home
From Fort Worth, Texas
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the response DD. Good to see you back on this forum. Haven't seen you post in a while. There is limited supply in oversize pistons from what I know for A series engines unless you special order which would take me out of my price range. This is the image I got from the supplier. Reminds me of the pistons from the A12 engine I had. Piston suppliers don't provide the dish specs on their pistons so it's a gamble on what compression will end up being. I'll be using the GX head for my setup so compression is a concern. Not building a high performance engine.

Attach file:

png  piston.png (147.97 KB)
20677_6048651ae667b.png 499X291 px

Posted on: 2021/3/10 6:25

Home away from home
From Fort Worth, Texas
Group:
Registered Users
Here is more information on these pistons.

Attach file:

png  Piston1.png (72.50 KB)
20677_604868f05ee7c.png 399X282 px

Posted on: 2021/3/10 6:36

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
One thing I've notice over the years is that China-made pistons don't always match the Nissan part numbers

Nippon is the name of a country. NPR makes rings & sleeves but apparently not pistons. Can't find any company "Nippon" that makes piston. So the pistons presumably are made elsewhere

With A-series pistons the main consideration is to match the piston to the combustion chamber. Compression ratio is less important. The type affects the flow performance

the photo doesn't seem to match other G34 pistons

G34 is an offset-dish piston, used with H89 heads and other newer types including CAL emissions engines
Open in new window

Open in new window

H98/H92 is the same offset-dish type but different depths (H98 used in CAL engines, H92 used in JPN engines) .the depth affects the compression ratio but the offset interacts with the head and so determines the flow

All moot if you are not using an A15 cylinder head. The GX head is higher flow than any A15 head and was designed for a flat-top piston (10:1 with an A12 with the special thin head gasket)

Remember that 11:1 compression is good for pump gas, but anything higher might require special fuel

Custom pistons are $400/set to $1200/set so are not cheap

Posted on: 2021/3/17 23:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.