Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Dog Leg Gear Boxes
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Your parts microfiches must be for Nissan Australia? The Japanese B110s had a 5-speed, and the US B210s had 5-speeds. This makes the US parts book very interesting, because the book shows both 4-speed and 5-speed for the B210 and lists a bunch of interchange between various models.

Posted on: 2003/6/16 17:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
I've had further look at both front housings.
The L series has "63 #1" on it and the A series has "60" on one side and "#5" on the other.
Is this any help?

Posted on: 2003/6/17 0:55

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
OOOOOOOPs

The L series should have been "63A #1"

Sorry!

Posted on: 2003/6/17 1:15

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Told you DD your books are better up there! Now Im sure if that Kiwi dude can pop in and make light of this all with that vanette front housing then we could save a lot of gearboxes that otherwise will all go to the scrap heap! Pick-a-part has all these stuff coming through but I see less of it as time goes by and that sss gearbox is history so if we could use bluebird boxes or stanza, 63a or 60a respectively? and then maybe the imput shaft is the only deal from the vanette a15 that can complete the puzzle but Im useless with gearbox internals its like rocket science unlike an engine its a confusing jigsaw and never liked jigsaws
I preferred to look at the girls in the trains instead of doing them. Well now I have this phobia but I still get a bruised ear when my eye wonders off and I get caught.

Posted on: 2003/6/17 1:24

Home away from home
From Auckland, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
I'll try to find out more, but this sort of info isn't normally given freely. It effects their lively hood i.e. they loose work.

Posted on: 2003/6/17 2:00

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
so you buy the two boxes you need, pay someone to strip both and assemble one using bits from each (and you may as well throw new bearings in while it's apart), modify the tailshaft, x-member, and maybe clutch (if input shaft can't be changed to suit).

you probably may as well do the Dellow alloy case celica 5spd swap which is supposed to be about 10kg lighter (I haven't weighed that box yet) than the Stanza 5spd. This would work out cheaper than the A/L hybrid box if you have to pay someone to do the rebuild.

Posted on: 2003/6/17 2:17

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
This is all pretty good stuff for the 1200 sedan people and if it is helpful, so much the better.
Our situation is a little different. The car is a home built Clubman which weighs about 430 Kg, so the extra weight of an L series box doesn't have a lot of attraction, but all options have to be checked.
At present, we use a 60 series series 5 speed O/Drive box with home grown close ratios and its pretty light. Also, mounting and mounting points are not a big problem as these can be readily modified.
The big worry so far as we are concerned is that A series 5 Speeds were never thick on the ground and parts are becoming a little hard to get.

Posted on: 2003/6/17 2:43

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.