Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

CA18DET into datsun 1200 ute
Just can't stay away
From Queanbeyan nsw 2620
Group:
Registered Users
I'm going to put a CA18DET turbo motor into my 1200 ute, i am just wanting to no off someone who has done it what they do with the cross member and gearbox member?? can you buy them in a conversion kit? or do you have to make them? also the firewall i have been looking at some and some people have moved the wall back a bit and some haven't whats the go??? thankz

Posted on: 2003/7/18 10:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: CA18DET into datsun 1200 ute
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From campbelltown (sydney) australia
Group:
Registered Users
wish i could afford to do that conversion haha nah i think u can buy a cross member and gearbox member off dat net or one of the other datto clubs. one of the other members will give u some solid details

Posted on: 2003/7/18 11:26

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Mudgee NSW Australia
Group:
Registered Users
MADDAT from addelaide do kits!! You will find that the ute tunnels are very small a few guys that have done them have needed to fit larger tunnels.
Even with the skyline stumpy box the coupe and sedan tunnels must be a bit larger the auto tunnels are best but dont come in utes. Im making the engine crossmebers at the moment I have 4 to do. Kit cost $220 AUS with new nolathane low profile mounts powdercoated black. I need a stock crossmember to either modify or exchange. The gearbox mount is easy I just made mine for a 40x40x6mm angle with holes drilled in the right spots and sandwich plates to go inside on the floor so the bolts dont pull through.
cheers Andrew

Posted on: 2003/7/18 13:18

Just can't stay away
From brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
I am not questioning your methods Andrew, after all you are the guru. The way I mounted it just seems a bit easier. I cut off the original engine mounts from the cross member. The mounts I got are a 30deg bend in 10mm steel plate. These sit on the chassis rails and the crossmember bolts go through the plates. Then the engine mounts just mate up to a couple of holes in the bottom of those plates. My gear box mounts are the same as what you say, but the clutch actuator is what I like the best. It allows me to use the std cable on a clutch fork that actuates the wrong way (hydraulic).

I dont see how you would need to unpick the firewall, unless some of the other 1200 models have shorter noses than mine. It depends on where you mount your intercooler. APC here in briso put both the intercooler and radiator behind the bonnet support, so length wise the engine was a squeese.

Take it easy fellas
mely

Posted on: 2003/7/19 1:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.