Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Electronic Ignition Upgrade
Just popping in
From Dubbo NSW Australia
Group:
Registered Users
G'day
I am posting a request on behalf of a mate. He is a pensioner with a 120y. We are wondering if there is an electronic ignition setup from any other vehicle that can be cheaply fitted.
If not, then what is a good cheap aftermarket one?

Regards

Chris

Posted on: 2003/11/17 1:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Electronic Ignition Upgrade
Just can't stay away
From Collingwood. Victoria. Aus.
Group:
Registered Users
There are several threads here that advise N13 Nissan Pulsar Dist can be easily converted. Including this discussion.
Quote:
Re: replacing points 4 good with nissan pulsar distrubitor?
I wouldn't bother stripping and changing internals. Why not remove the gear of the A12 dizzy (The timing gear) and put that onto the elec dizzy? This is wot I've done, (although my engine is yet to run) and it seems to me that this will work. Yu may have to make a new timing plate.

duh me! I just realised this morning that you have to use the A-series rotor button! everything fits now, just have to drill the hole for the drive pin and file out the hole that the rubber seal on the ignitor lead sits. I should have really done a photo essay on it,
but I don't have a digicam and can't be assed about scanning regular photos in.

Matt wrote:
Strip the whole top assembly from each distributor and put the E15 bits into the Datto
dizzy- it is VERY EASY!
nope, tried that. I pulled both of the dizzys apart today and had a bit of a ponder. the
assembly out of the E15 dizzy goes into the A series one alright, but the cap doesnt even
come close to fitting over the (much bigger) rotor button. added to that the E15 uses screws to hold the cap down , whereas the A15 uses the regular clip style. and there is nowhere to drill / tap holes anyway seeing its a wider cap. What I have sussed though, is
that the E15 should fit quite easily. the only real things being drilling a new hole in the
shaft for the A series drive gear pin, and allowing for the difference in positioning of
adjustment plate. luckily the plate from the A series unbolts from the bottom so I should
be able to attach it to the bottom of the new one. oh and the vac advance units nozzle on
the E15 points the wrong way (down) but the A one fits straight on, with the exception of
having to drill and tap a second hole.
There are two wires coming from the dizzy the black & white one goes to positive coil & the blue one goes to the negative coil.

HTH

Posted on: 2003/11/17 3:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]