Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

for the lads from NZED
Home away from home
From T'ville
Group:
Registered Users
guys , with the import business booming is there an abundance of older datsun/nissan parts/cars coming in??

Posted on: 2004/5/3 12:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: for the lads from NZED
Home away from home
From Auckland N.Z
Group:
Registered Users
import business booming in nz??? If you mean is there an abundance of ex jap mid 90s bongo wagon crap, sure theres more every day. As for OLD dattos, where from? who would bother exporting them to nz? theres none left in japan (only collectors) and the only other place is s/africa with the 1400 backie (ute) and its to far. What gave you that idea? have people been talking?

Posted on: 2004/5/3 13:39

Home away from home
From Invercargill, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
Actually it is the opposite. Some particularly nice street and race 1200's have made their way back to Japan when NZ owners have been offered too much money or something like a GTR in exchange. It's also worth noting that the wrecking yards of Europe have been cleaned of most dattos and parts by African importers. Even here in Aus container loads of Toyota 3K and 4K motors have gone to Africa. The demand for simple robust cars with long lasting mechanicals is a lot stronger than here.

Posted on: 2004/5/3 23:08

Home away from home
From T'ville
Group:
Registered Users
a little touchy about the imports Quinn??
was i supposed to know that there is "none left in japan" i'm sure old datto parts would be coming through, they still come into aust. and newer model utes too!
just thought some interesting things would come in

Posted on: 2004/5/4 14:06

Home away from home
From Auckland, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users

Not that oi know of? -

I think if imports were 'on the up' or 'booming' as you say, we'd be more worried about the economy than importing ol'/new dato parts etc..

Our wreckers have done alto of purging in terms of clearing out anything pre-85. Basically for commercial resons i suppose.

Pitty though, but i guess that just comes with the nature of owning a mighty dats!

Cheers

Posted on: 2004/5/4 20:49

Home away from home
From Auckland, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users

Not that i know of? -

I think if imports were 'on the up' or 'booming' as you say, we'd be more worried about the economy than importing ol'/new dato parts etc..

Our wreckers have done alot of purging in the last 2-3 years in terms of clearing out anything pre-85. Basically for commercial reasons i suppose.

Pitty though, but i guess that just comes with the nature of owning a mighty dats!

Just my thoughts..

Cheers

Posted on: 2004/5/4 20:53

Just can't stay away
From Rotorua
Group:
Registered Users
I have found that if you know where to look there are still some floating about, the cheapies are normally run-down rust buckets, if anyone wants a better idea of how we're doing for datsuns over her check out...
trade-exchange.co.nz
or
trademe.co.nz

Posted on: 2004/5/5 5:34

Home away from home
From Napier , New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
unfortunately if you import a car pre 1998 you can expect an hell of a time getting it vinned !

Posted on: 2004/5/5 10:03

Home away from home
From Auckland N.Z
Group:
Registered Users
Yea sorry, my snipe wasnt directed at you, you just struck a sore point. I live in Auckland, the home of the crapy jap import and every day i have to sit behind a fukn stupid mitzi or bongo wagon that churns out thick black smoke and it makes me sick...bla...bla...bla...rant and rave but it actually realy pisses me off, we have become the resting place for all the cars that have been banned from jap roads due to failing their smog tests. Nz is prety and i want to keep it that way.

Posted on: 2004/5/5 12:25

Quite a regular
From Christchurch, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
I find the fact that 1200's are collectible in Japan very interesting and hope one of the Japanese members of this group can respond............
What would be the value of a tidy original 1200 in Japan vs a modded version??
Cheers
Jon Quote:

teretonga wrote:
Actually it is the opposite. Some particularly nice street and race 1200's have made their way back to Japan when NZ owners have been offered too much money or something like a GTR in exchange. It's also worth noting that the wrecking yards of Europe have been cleaned of most dattos and parts by African importers. Even here in Aus container loads of Toyota 3K and 4K motors have gone to Africa. The demand for simple robust cars with long lasting mechanicals is a lot stronger than here.

Posted on: 2004/5/5 12:49

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.