Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Broken Clutch
Home away from home
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hey every one just wanting some help determining what might be broken in my gear box. So I can find out how much its guna cost to fix.

Its an SR20 S13 5 speed box and not too long ago I noticed that the clutch pedal was ratteling when i rested my foot on it.
Was assuming that this was the slide bearing or thrust bearing (i think they are the same thing) starting to wear.

Just the other day on the way home from a mates house and it had been raining and I was driving doin a few wheelies (as ya do) during one of the wheelies was going to put it in seccond and it just didnt want to go into gear.

I then found out that the clutch didnt work at all now and driving home from cronulla was going to suck and it did.

When pulling up to red lights i tried leaving it in first and puttin the clutch in but it wasnt disengaging fully and would stall.

Putting it into gear from stopped was almost impossible (but learned a good trick turn the car off put in seccond gear start car and away you go worked for me)

The funny thing is the rattling from the wearing out bearing had stopped. (maybe the bearing collapsed of something)
The pedal is still hard and smothe.
I have checked the slave cylinder to see if its pushing the the fork and it is (weather or not its pushing it far enough is not known but it looks like it is)

Any help would be great cause sepperating the gearbox from the engine in the car im pretty sure is impossible which sux so unless i can fix it without taking it out of the car.

Cheers, Aaron.

Posted on: 2004/11/15 10:34

Re: Broken Clutch
Home away from home
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Little help Please !!!

Posted on: 2004/11/15 21:54

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
Group:
Registered Users
I'm looking at it like this;
you have done a visual assesment from outside. The clutch pedal operates, the slave cylinder operates. You say you dont know if its going far enough. Well to me if you were hearing a rattle, it has nothing to do with a hydrolic clutch slave cylinder etc. and if it is working correctly I dont see how the noise will just disappear and leave the clutch itself not operateing.
Only thing left to do is seperate the engine and box and look.

Posted on: 2004/11/16 1:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
yeah I think your right phunk that its something inside not outside its a shame cause its gunna be of the road for ages now while I dismantle pretty much the whole car to get the engine and box out.

Bet you its just the thrust bearing all this work for a tiny little thing .
Any one know If ya can just buy the thrust bearing? I hope so cause this will be pretty cheep to fix, if thats what it is.

Rang Just Jap and they quoted me around $700 for a new button clutch kit is this a good price? Im thinking its not too bad. (may as well get a better clutch if its going to be appart!)

Posted on: 2004/11/17 1:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]