Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

question about jet sizes in weber
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
ive got an a-15 in my coupe and i am currently running an oval port head and using a twin barrel weber off a 2L cortina.
i am currently running the standard jets that came with the weber (130 primary and 140 secondary from memory) and the car has been running quite rich and i was wondering if anyone had a similar setup and had some advice on jet sizes, any help would be much appreciated

cheers
Nathan

Posted on: 2005/8/14 18:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: question about jet sizes in weber
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Burbank, CA
Group:
Registered Users
the standard jets 130/140 are in the fuel bowl, correct? If so, then I wouldn't expect you to be rich unless your idle jets, the ones on the outside of the carb are too large.

I have 140/145 for the fuel bowl jets weber recommends 137/something can't remember now. ( weber suggests leaner, smaller is leaner, and my EGT shows leaner is better)

i think the stock idle jets are 40/45

the version of our carb is slightly different in jetting than the weber version.

According to my tuning book that carb with stock jetting should be ok on most motors, with only changing the mixture screw.

also i've noticed that it takes a little time for the carb to settle after changing things.

Posted on: 2005/8/14 20:16

From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
you'll probably want to go down to about 115 or 120 in the main jet,& about a 135 to 140 secondary.the easiest way to get jets is to buy them new.i've bought them from carburettor
services at burwood in sydney,hardimans in milperra,& i've also bought weber jets from a place in hornsby,but i can remember the name.
try a search on the dgv weber in this forum,as a couple of months ago someone put his jetting setup for everyone to use.this should be a good starting point.also,the guys at unigroup engineering know a lot about webers,
both dcoe's & dgv's,so you might like to call them for advice.

Posted on: 2005/8/15 8:06
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

From campbelltown (sydney) australia
Group:
Registered Users
carburettor services at burwood is very good, but make sure u take a few dollars if u gonna go, weber/ dellorto jets are very expensive for what they are i paid over 250 bucks to jet my 45 dcoe's and the guy said that was trade price ....

Posted on: 2005/8/15 9:26

From Burbank, CA
Group:
Registered Users
115/120 for the main fuel jet... Will I really have to go that low to lean out the bottom end? I went to 135 and it changed a little leaner. so you might be right, I take it that changing the fuel jet is a finer adjustment than the idle jet.

What is a good target EGT? I'm trying to hit 1350 at WOT.

Posted on: 2005/8/15 19:11

From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
its about $5 for a main jet,i paid $8 for an idle jet at hardimans.the difference between the prices for mains for dcoes & dgvs caught be out,too.i was going to get some 125's,130's & 135's for a dcoe,that'll be $120 thanks.so,i took the 130's,cause i didn't have any of those,but passed on the 125's & 135's.

Posted on: 2005/8/16 7:40
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

From Burbank, CA
Group:
Registered Users
there was a guy on ebay from italy that was selling weber jets dgav/dcoe for like $2USD so I got 2 of every size he offered. at the place down the street they're $7 so i have a good assortment. Enough jetting combinations to make your head spin.

Posted on: 2005/8/16 18:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]