Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Photos
Home away from home
From Good Old Knockfull, Tennessee, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I just posted a few pictures of my first 1200, a 1972 sedan Deluxe. It had recently been hit while parked and the front bumper was smashed along with minor damage to the front sheet metal. It
had also been backed into just behind the left door. I had it fixed and painted soon after these photos were made. It was 100% stock when these photos were taken in 1980. I have numerous other
photos of it and I will find them all someday. I had a T-shirt air brushed in the late 80's of my "Mareo Speedwagon". The CB radiating, smoke from the wheels, me laid back in a cowboy hat and,
well, you just have to look at the passenger. The shirt was a few years old when the photo was made and it had some stains on it by then and it has a few holes in it now. I will have another
shirt made this summer like it. I also posted some other photos that you may find interesting. I built and maintained WKA Enduro racing karts for a few years. Mostly, I toyed with the 125
gearbox Enduro's. They have a Rotax 125 CC, 44 HP, engine on a 6-speed drivetrain. It will do 135+ MPH. The Rotax is the highest HP motor in the world for its displacement. Well at least, if
you have something better, take it to the WKA and run it and the drivers will make a path to your door. Most 125 CC engines make what? 7 to 25 HP and few make more but they are rare. The new
Rotax 125 makes 48 HP. The 1966 Corvette Roadster photos are of a project I did in 1985. It had been in some legal battles and the 427 CI motor had been stolen and the front was wrecked when I
got it. I put in a relatively stock 350 CI and around 300 HP motor in it and restored it back to better than it was new. I even made a few pennies on it. At the time, my 1200 would eat it up.
A friend restored the 1938 Chevrolets a few years ago. The custom body work was done on this car in the early 50's. You have to look at this one titled WHICH WAY DOES IT GO. Check it out in
the photo section.

Doug Dotson

Posted on: 2001/1/22 2:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.