Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Customized Exhaust
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sri Lanka
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Guys

I Just want to know , whether there will be any performance issues, if i change my Exhaust Pipe end to
a Bigger Beat Barrel end ?

thanks
Regards
Sumith

Posted on: 2009/7/31 7:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Customized Exhaust
Home away from home
From South East Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
If you only change the tip I don't think it will affect it too much. If you change your whole system to a 2inch system for example, there might not be enough back pressure (if thats the right terminology) and you will loose performance there.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 9:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Customized Exhaust
Just can't stay away
From Harare, Zimbabwe
Group:
Registered Users
It depends on what spec your engine is. The exhaust size should be matched to your engine - ie: if you've modified it with bigger/better carb, extractors, ported head, etc... then having a bigger exhaust diameter will help your engine breath better. & will increase your performance.

But having an oversized exhaust will kill your back pressure & defeats the whole purpose of trying to get your engine to breath better. I stand to be corrected, but as i understand it, back pressure creates a type of vacuum which sucks out the exhaust gases, making more room for your intake mixture.

My uncle used to cut his exhaust just after the centre silencer & fit a larger pipe through to the back (he did this on his '85 sunny, as well as his other old cars - i always used to ask him how he got his cars to sound so nice.) Im not sure if it provided any performance benefit or if it was purely for the sound it produced.

Posted on: 2009/7/31 11:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]