Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

B310 Radiator
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

For my turbo build I was thinking of getting a larger radiator. So far in my Sunny (1979 B310) I've got what I think is the stock radiator (32mm core) and the largest one I can easily fit would be 550 long, 500 high and up to 75mm thick (core wise).

However, looking around ebay they seem to be long and not tall enough, tall enough and too narrow or the right size but use 32mm cores?!

So, is there anyone out in Datsun land that has a different radiator in their B310? What car did it come from?

PS - Im after a different radiator in search of better cooling, not for a clearance issue on parts etc.

Posted on: 2011/1/21 1:24

Edited by diymark on 2011/1/21 6:21:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: B310 Radiator
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
You could use anything as long as the outlets are in the right place. If you can find the radiator out of a C22 Vanette with the A15 engine, this might be you're best bet, though you'd probably have to get it re-cored. It's a triple core radiator, the outlets line up if you use the Vanette hoses, & if you use the standard Sunny sides on it, you can bolt it to the standard passenger side holes, then drill 2 holes through the support panel & either use a nut & bolt or nutserts to mount the driver's side. There's a little 'cutout' on the front support panel that can be snipped out for some extra air to the radiator. You could also get an alloy radiator made up to suit. I've simply used a standard Sunny air conditioning radiator in my race car, with a 1600cc A15,etc, & never experienced any overheating, but the turbo is added heat, so a bigger radiator is always safer.

Posted on: 2011/1/21 10:15
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Re: B310 Radiator
Just popping in
From MELBOURNE
Group:
Registered Users
a gemini radiator is wider but the same depth, the top and bottom hoses are in the correct place but you will need a new longer top hose. you have to cut some of the radiator support pannel out to get the full air flow

Posted on: 2011/3/28 13:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]