Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Wobbly rear wheel???
Just can't stay away
From brissie
Group:
Registered Users
I have a 1209 ute. The rear drivers side wheel has been making a noise and also started to wobble which I thought to be a bearing. But upon inspection turned out it was all in good order. So I removed 2 shims to try and tighten the bearing a little. It is still there. Wheel nuts are nice and tight. If u jack it up and grab the wheel and rock it you can feel a little movement and makes the noise I can hear. I have exhausted my options and am at a loss how to fix this?? Any ideas.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 6:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Wobbly rear wheel???
Guest_
Broken axle maybe???? Or are your u bolts tight still. Is diff located on the leaves properly?

You using lowering blocks or anything else?

Just putting ideas out there

Posted on: 2012/3/22 6:11

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Does the wheel visibly move in & out when you turn it? I had a similar problem years ago in that the mag wheel was sitting on top of a cast in balance weight on the drum. This was with 13 inch rims & larger rear drums from a 180b. It could be something similar, causing the wheel to not seat properly.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 8:37
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Quite a regular
From Vanderbijlpark.South africa
Group:
Registered Users
Check and see if its not just the wheel, i had the same problem on my ute but it was the drive shaft that was bent just a little right in the center, when i applied the brakes it felt like an oval drum after a lot of inspection i replaced the shaft and the problem was solved

Posted on: 2012/3/22 9:17

Just can't stay away
From brissie
Group:
Registered Users
Yep I have looked at all of that. But the movement is in the shaft. Like if u have a loosed wheel bearing on a trailer. I even took 2 shims out to try and make it tighten up more on the bearing.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 23:48

Quite a regular
From Vanderbijlpark.South africa
Group:
Registered Users
Correct me if I am wrong. So the wheel is actually sliding in and out of the final drive on the shaft, if so make sure the bearing goes tight over the shaft, just behind the hub, and there is a lock ring behind the bearing that keep the bearing in place. or the bearing is thinner than original, the diff have a reases where the bearing slides in and when fully in it should be flash with the diff where the base plate bolts on.

Posted on: 2012/4/3 14:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]