Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

{WTB} loop pile carpet for my 1200
Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
Just enquiring boys where is the best spot for me to get some black/charcoal loop pile carpet online with in aus, molded for the 1200???

Not really keen to buy this off ebay.. would rather purchase from a decent respected supplier..

Another question where is a decent spot to get some dynamat for the ute locallly?? i have not really had a look around but does say supercheap or repco have dynamat??

Posted on: 2012/7/25 23:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: {WTB} loop pile carpet for my 1200
Home away from home
From Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Whats wrong with the ebay carpet options?

Sounds like you're not an ebay fan, which is fair enough there is a lot of crap on there. But for actual genuine brand stuff ebay can be awesome. Dynamat is a good example of this, there are bulk packs on ebay at least half the price of an Aus shop.

Posted on: 2012/7/25 23:35

Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
I buy alot of things from ebay for the car. hell i spent $400.00 on parts today from bprojects and what not.

But im trying to see if there is anything better than the ebay carpet.. if someone can suggest a company??

And the dynamat on ebay is hell expensive for because its bulk and the datsun does not need that much dynamat only need like 2.5 metres not 5-10 metres worth

Posted on: 2012/7/26 0:05

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Knox carpets are pretty good, a mate just did his skyline with their stuff and it looks quite good.

DO NOT use All Car Carpets. I used them for my ute, and I they provided NO confirmation of order, NO notification that it had been sent, I got no parcel tracking info, and the carpet was delivered to the wrong address entirely, despite me confirming all my details were correct, and the only reason I even saw the carpet, was because the lady who ended up with my carpet (it was just dumped in her carport while no one was home) was kind enough to try and track me down via the white pages. She could have just popped it up on gumtree and made a profit (the morons printed the make and model on the back of the carpet to make it easy to do this)
On top of all this, the section they provided to fit the area behind the seat rail was not even close to correct, and had to be almost destroyed to make fit (all the overlocking had to be cut off to make it fit)
I raised all of these issues with the company, and apart from blaming aust post for the delivery stuff up, they have never offered to try and make anything else right, or even admit that their template was wrong for the rear section, so avoid them at all costs.

Posted on: 2012/7/26 3:25

Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
Cheers mate.

Knox Carpets looks very interesting and a great range along with the under felt

may certainly be the choice to go

Posted on: 2012/7/26 3:33

Just can't stay away
From stinking hot cairns
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/7/26 3:46

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Geelong, Vic
Group:
Registered Users
Knox and trufit are both on ebay and both seem pretty good

Tru-fit is a bit cheaper and do custom floor mats and stuff pretty cheap aslo, ive just bought all my wagon carpet from them....havent got it yet so cant say what the finished product is like but DatsAndy has used them adn say they are good

Knox sell dynamat. i liked Tru-fits underfelt a bit better though as it was 2 layers of felt and one layer of bitumen not just the 2 layers of felt like knox

Posted on: 2012/7/26 4:00

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Knox is a decent respected supplier. Buy from them either via ebay or via telephone.

Posted on: 2012/7/26 4:08

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
Group:
Registered Users
I purchase from know auto carpets. Walked into the shop and said I'm after a 1200 ute carpet 15 minutes later it was stamped out good to go! Me and my old man fitted it with very little hassles, only thing that was a little off was the part for the tunnel hole. Where the carpet went over the tunnel was slightly big, I'm assuming the tunnel size has been taken from an auto tunnel which is slightly bigger than the Manuel tunnel...
Otherwise I brought the plush pile which is MUCH easier to clean than loop pile, when sand, dirt ad grip gets into loop pile it tends to stay there after vacuuming where as a quick 5 min vacuum with the plush pile and it's pretty much all gone!! It was pretty cheap to from memory like 150? Plush was about ten bucks extra

Posted on: 2012/7/26 4:40
SECURITY ASSESSMENT SERVICES AND ASSOCIATES http://www.sasaa.com.au
Auto Surplus - http://www.autosurplus.com.au
Mention you found them through here...

Home away from home
From Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Loosekid
I just received plush pile (the more expensive one, about $150 off ebay) from Knox for my ute. I can put some pics up of it if you want. Its not installed in car yet.

Posted on: 2012/7/26 9:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]