Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A15 Aftermarket Branch Manifold - Some Quick Advice
Just can't stay away
From South Africa
Group:
Registered Users
Good Morning from here in SA guys.

I won a voucher for an aftermarket branch manifold and I was thinking of using it for our buggy's A15 (H89 head), but for the life of me I can't think of a single car made here in SA that was produced with an A15. What do I tell the vague face at the dealer? I've tried explaining A15, but their database (or the secretary) only understands car models.
Wouldn't it be the same as for A14 from a Nissan 1400 Bakkie?

Posted on: 2013/7/27 7:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: A15 Aftermarket Branch Manifold - Some Quick Advice
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Just tell them it's for a Bakkie A14 & hope they dont want to know the chassis number. The A14 & A15 are externally identical, the difference being the longer stroke crank of an A15 for the extra 100 cc's. If they do ask for a chassis number, ask to speak to the oldest guy there, who should be able to help you without refering to a computer . I've had experience with this before & some people just don't understand why you want something for one car & are fitting it to another. You just have to make it as easy as possible for them to do their jobs & not make them have to think about it.

Posted on: 2013/7/27 7:35
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Just can't stay away
From South Africa
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks a Stack. Just needed the confirmation
Enjoy the Weekend =D

Posted on: 2013/7/27 9:13

Just can't stay away
From South Africa
Group:
Registered Users
So we strapped the Nissan 1400 4-1 Powerflow branch on the engine while on the bench and it ran beautifully! It felt really foot-loose. Ran through the RPM range.

All this convinced me to get one for my A15 in my own little GX. But I don't drive my GX like my brother drives his buggy. He literally drives it 'til it's gremlins get out. What I mean is he sticks to the higher RPM end. While ravaging the farm. I drive a little bit differently due to a lot of bad road and traffic.

- So I assumed a 4-2-1 makes more sense? I mean the original manifold was designed like that.
- Also, I was curious if those 100cc's would make a difference. I bored it to 77mm to be safe when I serviced the sub-assembly, but I mean, if I'm going to spend the money, shouldn't I be looking for an A15's Branch?
- Lastly, what size should I go for? I currently have a 57mm from where the 2 pipes after the original flange join.

Posted on: 2013/7/28 12:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]