Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

WTB: Tomei rocker cover
Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys as the thread states im after an A-series Tomei rocker cover preferably the one with just Tomei printed on the cover not the Tomei 1300 cover.

i have seen a couple but they are so ridiculously priced i.e $1500.00 on ebay.. i know its like finding a needle in a hay stack and it will be over priced no matter but $1500 is a bit steep..

I have cash waiting..

Posted on: 2014/8/4 5:14

Re: WTB: Tomei rocker cover
Home away from home
From melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Anything from Tomei is ridiculously priced, but quality is outstanding, so you get what you pay for and thats the going price.

Posted on: 2014/8/4 5:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed. That's me selling those on eBay, not for too much longer though as the postage and ebay fees are making it too hard to keep open.

Unfortunately(?) this gear is favourable in Japan, which attracts a considerably higher cost of living, so things generally go for more. Once you consider the eBay fees, the import duty and the arguably slim 20-30% margin it's a #OOPS# way to earn a buck for the projects. And although people like bprojects are very expensive I'm now finding it quite easy to see why.

Good luck with the search, if it makes you feel any better a new old stock Tomei 1300 rocker cover went for over aud$3000 a while back. Another was listed recently and although it went for less it was still staggeringly expensive.

Posted on: 2014/8/4 5:58

Just can't stay away
From Sunshine Coast
Group:
Registered Users
I can see that all of Tomei's stuff is outstanding in quality and reputation, but I likewise could never justify spending that much on something that is of no benefit to performance... Unless i'm an idiot and there is something else to the Tomei's rocker cover... (if so please call me an idiot and I'll happily accept it and retreat ;P)

For that cash couldnt you just ask someone to design and make one with a cnc machine? You'd only need to give a few measurements?

Posted on: 2014/8/4 8:39

Home away from home
From melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
So what your saying Matt S, without performance, it's a wasted dollar ?? I tend to disagree.. I'd pay $5k for a paint job, doesnt make your car go faster... or the bloke down the road that paid $11K for some mad stereo etc. Everyone has a different value of the dollar, and where to spend it. Some people want a mad sleeper, some a show car and some want show n go. A car can work for you, or you can work for it !! I'd say 90% of us, throw our hard earned dollars into cars and will never get our money back, they are usually always a money pit. Tomei rocker cover is the top end of the market. You do not see these everyday. This is one item , I doubt will lose its value, even though it may take some time to sell to the right buyer.

Posted on: 2014/8/4 11:19

Just can't stay away
From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
Loosekid I have sent you a email.

Posted on: 2014/8/4 13:47

Home away from home