Need help with microtech!
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Hey all
Is anyone good with microtechs?

I have a stanza with ca18 with microtech lt10s and x4 igniter

The issue I'm having is no spark or injector pulse

When the key is 'on' the green light is on the ecu, as I turn the key to start the green light turns off and the car will crank and not start.

I've sent the computer back to microtech to have it all checked and they said it's fine.

Anyone with ideas? Starting to annoy me haha.

Posted on: 2016/5/17 22:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Need help with microtech!
Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Is this a new setup or have you had the CA running with the LT10S.

This is a laptop compatible version so you should be able to check the diagnostics by plugging in a laptop and see If there is any faults showing.

From your description it seems most likely to be a wiring problem....although if you've bought a secondhand Microtech that has not been factory configured for a CA multi coil pack motor then
this will be the issue.

Give us a bit more detail on the install.

Posted on: 2016/5/18 10:54

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
I have bought the car not running, but it was previously running with the microtech

I don't have acces to Internet on my laptop at the moment so can't download software but I will try get it

I've sent it to microtech and told them exactly what I'm running etc and they said it's all good.

I didn't install it, all I know is the power is dying when I turn the key

Posted on: 2016/5/18 22:25

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Yes, that's normal

The 1200 ignition switch has two terminals:
* IGN
* START
When you turn the key to START, the IGN terminal dies. It's why Datsun used two wires on the ignition system

Posted on: 2016/5/19 2:55

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
OK very tough to really diagnose without either a laptop or a hand controller to see what the ECU is saying.

For power there are two wires you need to check:

- Red wire from Lt10s should be going direct to the battery (should have inline fuse).
So this should always have +12v to it regardless of ignition position.

- Pink wire from Lt10s should be going to an ignition switched 12v. So power stays on when ignition is switched on. I think I wired mine to the wire that went to the cigarette lighter.
This pink wire is split and is also used to power the fuel pump.

So you should be able to check power to both these wires with a simple test light.

There is also a calibration process for the TPS (throttle position sensor)...but you would need the laptop program or hand controller to see the readings. Correction...apparently you can use the amber light on the ECU to tell when it is set to 0.

Found this on a quick Google search and it explains the TPS calibration steps.
http://www.sonicinjection.com.au/uplo ... 20Quick%20Ref%20Guide.pdf

Where abouts do you live...if in Melbourne I could loan you a hand controller.

Posted on: 2016/5/19 10:22

Edited by cadet1200 on 2016/5/19 11:09:55

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the replies guys, auto sparky thinks it's the CAS. Said he plugged in a rb30 one and it got spark(obviously not at the right time though)

So going to change CAS and hope it works

Also I have a hand controller and with foot off throttle reads 99% TPS is that correct?
I don't know how to use the hand controller properly so have steered clear of it as I don't want to hit the wrong buttons

Posted on: 2016/6/7 8:02

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
The TPScal should show as 0% with your foot off the pedal and then go to 99% as soon as you start to depress the accelerator pedal.

To set it:
-Switch your ignition on so the handset powers up (don't attempt to crank engine over)
-Using the Func-Adj buttons on the handset scroll to S1 (Setup Options screen)
-Then press the Ref button to scroll through the S1 options until you see TPScal (should be the first option you see)
-Now you will need to go to the engine bay and loosen off the screws holding the TPS onto the inlet manifold
-If the cable on your handset is long enough bring handset where you can watch it whilst moving the TPS unit up or down until the handset displays 0%
-Tighten up TPS and then check that when accelerator is pressed the reading changes to 99%
All done 👌

As far as using the handset just try and make sure you don't press the MODE button as this will get it into Program mode (will show PG in centre of display) and this is where you risk changing settings by mistake.

There are two storage areas memCAL1 and memCAL2 where you can save all the settings/maps. It's a good idea to save all your current settings in one of these spots so that if you do change something you can just load it back to the way it was.

A good idea to buy the Microtech Installation and Programming Manual too as it has quite a bit of handy information. I think I've seen it on EBay otherwise buy direct from Microtech.

Posted on: 2016/6/8 6:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]