Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Girlock Twin Piston Calipers
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
I'm looking to see if anyone has some adaptors so I can use the Girlock twin piston calipers. they are used on Fords & Commodores, with the main difference appearing to be the cast iron mounting bracket. The GM bracket has a 3 inch (75 mm) centre to centre spacing, while the ford one I picked up appear to be 4 inches (100 mm) or more. The most common spacing for Nissans (200b/Stanza) is 3 1/2 inches ( 87.5 mm). The 180B has a spacing that matches the GM spacing, but this is the only model so spaced, & how many of them are left that aren't in the hands of enthusiasts. So, my question is does anybody make an adaptor to suit either the GM spacing & the Nissan spacing, or the Ford spacing & the Nissan spacing. I have 2 sets of modified 200b struts, plus another 2 or 3 unmodified sets & it annoys me that I have to ignore them & try & find a set of 180B struts. A friend who has long since passed away had the calipers & 300mm discs on his 1200 ute, using 200B struts. Also, Supafatto? was selling some struts using ford parts & a 5 stud hub that'd match the stud spacing of a Hi-lux rear end. I've talked to Stuart Wilkins & he only knows the 180B solution. His conversion uses a 280 mm disc with a spacer. I guess I'm just trying to used what I already have, rather than start again.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 9:43
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]