Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

1200 Ute value
Just can't stay away
From Vic, Australia.
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys

What’s a 72 1200 Ute worth these days?
Hard to tell when there isn’t a lot for sale and the prices vary so much, then it’s hard to know what they are actually selling for aswell.

Mines got an a14, Weber 32/36, 120y struts with disks, a 3.9 which isn’t fitted yet but I know they’re sought after, pristine dash pad with excellent un-molested coupe dash and tachometer, retrimmed seats, pretty nice paint but a couple minor rust bubbles, restored rays volk mesh wheels.

Basically it’s not a fresh rebuild with an engineered CA, but it’s not a piece of #OOPS# either. I know there’s some experts on here so wondering what some opinions are. I’m considering selling to fund my 520 and 521 builds as they’re a little bigger and a little older and a little more interesting.

Move or delete if this isn’t the right place for this post, I didn’t think it would be suited to classifieds.

Posted on: 2018/9/19 20:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1200 Ute value
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
$3000 to 7000

Posted on: 2018/9/26 9:44

Just can't stay away
From Vic, Australia.
Group:
Registered Users
Ok appreciate the insight. Would have thought more but that’s why I asked. You see people chasing 5-10 for unfinished projects but I’d assume they’d never get that much. You’d say it’s worth that in Australia or America? Just to confirm.

Posted on: 2018/9/27 20:26

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Australia

In America it's worth less -- my ute very nice only sold for $5100 in California. Most of the asking price in america do not sell. A lot depends on the condition. Stock condition (or near stock) usually sells better, modified utes bring more money only when done very well. And in america top-end builds have a much lower price e.g. 20,000 in Australia is not uncommon say for fabulous paint with a chromed turbo motor, but can't even nudge 10,000 in america

Rust is another factor. Mileage/kilometrage doesn't matter with a 40 year old vehicle

Because they dont often sell at asking price, I put mine on eBay and let the bidders decide

Posted on: 2018/9/27 22:50

Just can't stay away
From Vic, Australia.
Group:
Registered Users
Good to know. Do you see these going up in future or do you think they’ve likely peaked? Only asking since I don’t really need to sell it if it’s better to hold on to. I’ve learned a bit about these things in the 4 years I’ve owned datsuns but obviously haven’t been exposed to the market values for very long. Thanks again.

Posted on: 2018/10/1 3:46

Quite a regular
From Sutherland Shire
Group:
Registered Users
There will always be that battle between what you think its worth Vs what people with pay.

I've seen utes advertised for 4-6 for an original requiring some work, to 10-12 for a modified A series in a really clean one, then 20+ for a CA/SR turbo and engineered. That is on car sales and gum tree.

I would be really interested in seeing what people have actually sold their cars for rather than what people think they are worth.

Start a thread and see what price and when people sold their cars and use that as an estimate?

Posted on: 2018/10/2 6:43
S14 Front End

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.