Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Experience with rust converters?
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I have a wee bit of rust on my rocker panels that I want to grind out and treat. After reading through the archives, so many people swear by so many different products, I can't tell which one I need. I think I've narrowed it down to 3 different products:
1. SEM Rust Mort or Rust Seal
2. Eastwood's Rust Converter https://10carbest.com/best-rust-converters or Anti Rust
3. NAPA Rust Stuff (forgot what it's called, but many people on the forum swear by it)
I think they all do mostly the same thing, but I can't for the life of me decide which one is better/which one I need. Has anyone recently had success with these products?

Posted on: 2019/5/28 10:48

Edited by Chasedodd on 2019/6/6 10:18:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Experience with rust converters?
Home away from home
From Creswell, Oregon USA
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/5/28 17:22

Instagram @MD_Machine
Parler @MDMachine
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Experience with rust converters?
Home away from home
From Cambria, California
Group:
Registered Users
I use POR-15 products in areas I can reach with a brush, such as door seams, rocker exteriors, etc. Sets like iron, needs a topcoat if it will be exposed to the sun. (it's not UV resistant) For internal areas such as the inside of rocker panels, the cowl plenum, the underbody frame reinforcements, the engine tub reinforcements and the like, Eastwood's Internal Frame Coating does the trick nicely. The spray comes with a 24" long 180 degree spray nozzle that is fed thru any crevice (or drill your own access hole) then pulled back out while spraying the product. It gets a bit messy when it drools out of cracks that you never before noticed, so wear appropriate clothing and lay down drop cloths or run the risk of looking like a zinc chromate Jackson Pollock work of art.

Posted on: 2019/5/28 17:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]