Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

It's official I'm an oblivious amatuer racer car driver
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
So I was in the process of taking apart the struts to install Koni race inserts and upon remove the left front wheel, I saw that the bolt holding the rod end to the sway bar was gone and the link was lying on the control arm. It's a bit of a mystery as I use nylock nuts on the link.

In my most recent race, around lap three the car development turn-in oversteer in higher speed corners (85-90mph)and in a particular right left right the front end felt like it was tripping over itself. I'd written this off to the tires being a year old, the KYB insert being cheap and 4-5 years old and my possibly overdriving the car.

My ignoring the oversteer is understandable given I'm stupid comfortable with oversteer but the front end should have been a red flag. Naturally I'll blame Stan because I was chasing him, it couldn't possibly be my questionable mechanical ability.

It also explains why I was so far of the lap times I thought I should be turning.

Of course if there was a disconnected sway bar alert in the car I still would have spent the next 6 laps trying to pass as many cars as possible...………..cuz I'm oblivious.

Posted on: 2019/10/28 20:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: It's official I'm an oblivious amatuer racer car driver
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
My Camry wasn't handling right and after about six months I discovered the same thing (sway bar link nut had fallen off)

I didn't complain because that's how rookie-league drivers get fired. Never blame the car

Posted on: 2019/10/29 1:44

Re: It's official I'm an oblivious amatuer racer car driver
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Not going to own up to anything, but transporting a car on a trailer can loosen/make fall out sway bar bolts, leading to understeer. Poor installation can also cause castor arm bolts to fall out, leading to snap oversteer. Just two of the problems that I deny to this day.

Posted on: 2019/11/3 2:55
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]