Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

68 2dr 1000 sedan jdm build
Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/v ... =ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0 this is how i bought the car about 6 months ago, now that i have got my ute running well iv decided to start working on the sedan.

So far i have taken all the interior out stripped it back to bare metal and suprisingly there was only one bit of rust in the drivers side floor pan, then i have painted it all in rust proof paint. I have then got the moulded carpet off ebay. door skins re trimmed in vinyl (leather look). Also i bought personalised plates saying 100occ. Getting the paint this weekend and hopefully making a start on the outside this weekend im painting it ford blood orange and im thinking some sort of oldschool 14inch rims let me know what yous think.

also iv never done this before so guys let me know if yous have any tips or anything, also if anyone has a left side front quarter panel for a 1000 sedan that they are willing to sell let me know mine has been dinged up n bogged. ill get some pics up soon an show the progress.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 11:06

Edited by jarrydsNIZ12 on 2010/10/4 9:36:22
Edited by jarrydsNIZ12 on 2011/2/8 11:41:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 67 1000 2 dr sedan resto
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Well with non original paint colour & non standard wheels it's hardly a 'restoration' but it sounds like a good start to a great rebuild.

The combination of that grille, the headlight trim, the blinker spear & the tail lights all point towards it being a 1968 model.
A serial number will allow correct identification.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2010/2/3 13:38

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
yeh its not so much a restoration just putting some new ideas into it. im not sure of the model but i was told it was a 67 when i bought it but your probably right again

Posted on: 2010/2/4 7:10

From Melbourne, Oz
Group:
Registered Users
your about the third owner of that in recent history arent you? awsome project, the lightest of all 'sunnys' I think. undicidedly best looking one to?

Posted on: 2010/2/4 7:19

"choice from chris, drive harder than your mum... word."

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
umm im not sure iv owned it since august last year not sure how many guys its been through previously yeah iv started sanding it back and its all straight not really any serious rust yeah it is a nice shape cant wait to paint it. just front left quarter is no good

Posted on: 2010/2/4 10:48

From Melbourne, Oz
Group:
Registered Users
Nice.. Is it going to be all stock?

Posted on: 2010/2/4 10:51

"choice from chris, drive harder than your mum... word."

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
well atm the engine will stay stock and probly the brakes but once its on the road im going to possibly build an a12-14-15 turbo motor at the moment i just want to get it rust free n looking good for my girlfriends first car to learn in. would be pretty cool i rekon. i wanna get the rear window venetian oldschool wheels an paint it ford blood orange.

Posted on: 2010/2/4 10:55

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
http://datsun1200.com/cache/11539_4b6aab0f7d518.jpg

hope the link works dunno yous have probly seen it before... the colour of the car will be similar but a bit darker

Posted on: 2010/2/4 11:11

From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
One of the most practical swaps in an otherwise stock[ish] B10 is to use a 1200 engine, the front distributor version like the A10 engine.

These are almost a straight out drop-in. Use the A10's engine mount lugs & the engine will mount to the chassis exactly the same as the original.
The spigot on the original gearbox's input shaft will need to be shortened as none of the newer engines are drilled as deeply in the crankshaft & it will bottom out before the gearbox bolts up

Either the A10 clutch & flywheel need to be used, or an adapter sleeve needs to be made to mount the release bearing on the earlier clutch release bearing carrier.

ALL of the newer engines are taller than the A10 & the stock 1200 air cleaner will rub under the bonnet so either a sidedraught induction system [SU types] or a lower profile air filter will need to be installed.

Just about everything else will bolt up but you will need to transfer a few things from the A10 to make it look 'factory'

These include the studs that hold the A10's alternator bracket & the temp sender unit from the A10 engine. [different electrical fitting.]
Use the A10's heater hose fitting from the back of the cylinder head for a better fit too.

The 1200 engine will put a little more pep in the pipe & the extra torque will make it so much nicer to drive

Posted on: 2010/2/4 13:17

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
over the last few days iv taken the bonnet back to bare metal coated with rust converter to be safe an have high fill primed and sanded its almost ready for paint

Posted on: 2010/2/8 10:46

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.