No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
They have good reviews and very cheap!

I bought a brand new Toyota Dyna carb
delivered cheaper than a rebuild kit.
Supports England's Escrow so if not happy
when they arrive you get your money back.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/WEBER- ... h-air-horn/719628311.html

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2013/7/24 14:44

Edited by D on 2013/7/25 2:50:30

Re: Brand New DCOE 40mm Webers 450 a pair delivered
From mandurah
Group:
Registered Users
Keen to see what they are like , wonder how hard parts are tp get and how close they have been copied to webers

Only thing I can see thats worrying is that they are listed as "weber style"

Posted on: 2013/7/24 15:42
fairly aggro cam ,billet rocker spacers
twin 40mm solex carbs on bpro manifold
MSD 6al2 with 2 step limiter
4speed 60a box
hd clutch
2 inch exhaust
locked 4:11 ute diff
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Malaysia
Group:
Registered Users
cheap! so they use weber jets and components?

Posted on: 2013/7/24 19:48

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
US$450 = A$490 plus whatever paypal (if they use that) screws you on the currency conversion. Which will be more like $520ish. For an unknown quality chinese carb. You can get good 40mm Dellortos cheaper locally and they're a known quantity.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 0:02

Group:
Registered Users
Its 450usd with currency conversion just below 500 and inc conversion if you have master card. They are good as they make them for EMPI in america and VW guys love them saying they are better than the spanish made ones, Chinese quality has changed heaps and these are carbs not gearbox cogs but even now for some time suzuki, Mazda and Mitsubishi have engine parts made in china and assembled in Japan.
I think in many cases (not all) they are better than second hand as you are not risking to rebuild carbs, shafts etc. They are all weber internals.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 1:21

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
the casting looks pretty ordinary to me. That's the only indication you can get of quality by looking at pictures of them on the web. My gut says avoid them and buy the proven name brand stuff locally for less money.

I've had a few sets of secondhand Solex, Dellortos and Webbers and never had to do anything other than tune them to suit the engine I was fitting them to. You're going to have to do that with these new carbs anyway, and hope the manufacturing tolerances are such that the Weber stuff will actually fit (more worried about chokes and stuff than the bolt in jets and emulsion tubes.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 2:17

Group:
Registered Users
If they where 48s I would have bought them at that price
the copycats have no idea how sought after 45/48s are and
how more common original 40s are yet take same amount of
materials to make them a tad bigger.

The casting is fine and better than the Spanish ones
Its just an option to new webers and often worn SH ones

All carbs need rejetting unless engine are exactly the
same in everyway which is rare.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 2:42

From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
I've come across these before. The old saying applies. You get what you pay for. I don't like the bearings and I think some of the threads could have been a bit tidier. I also thought the feel of the starter was a bit hesitant but that could have been just a fresh item, I didn't investigate it much further.

I'd be interested to hear how you came to the conclusion that they are a better than the Spanish ones? Do you mean the casting is tidier or the material is superior?

Posted on: 2013/7/25 2:58

Group:
Registered Users
Yep read about the throttle shaft bearings needing replacing afta 5000kms

Cant find the exact post but heres one with the HPMX which are also FAJS or made for EMPI

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/view ... s=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The problems encountered with the IDF offering from spain...

Quote:
The latest "Spanish" IDFs are characterized by different character shape on the "Made in Spain" embossing, and by a cast cover on the enrichment circuit covers. The enrichment circuits are also not drilled and machined, like some of the Italian Weber models that had roller pump linkage. I find them to be sloppy, in the throttle shaft machine work on the body. Holes out of line, bearings loose in the bodies, and a lot of the parts tend to be too loosely installed. You have to check this all. The worst of it is how the auxiliary venturis fit. They are so loose in there I can make them rattle by shaking the carburetor. The bore for the aux vent is way too big for the aux vent itself, and even the little spring loop isn't enough to make them seat up tight. This is important because the small signal response of the main circuit REALLY depends on a good seal between the aux vent and the hole in the side of the jet well that it mates with. If it is not good, dilution and erratic running will occur. This is NOT a place to be screwed up. It's pathetic. If I were going to choose between one of these IDF kits and HPMXs, I would choose HPMXs, now, as long as they were later production models. They seem to have worked out all the stupid stuff, and the casting quality is better too. It's a sad day my friends. But I believe in being truthful. I still don't endorse any one brand for all their parts, but I have seen a trend toward better stuff coming from EMPI in a few areas. I hope Weber pulls their head out of their ass and starts making good carburetors again.

Just found the 45s but need to order a dozen!

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/702 ... carburetor_19600_060.html

Posted on: 2013/7/25 8:26

From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not one to believe a forum post as gospel. I'll buy a set from the actual factory and put them up against some second hand webers that I have. The Chinese makes are cheap but they aren't better and they aren't as well made. The casting marks are indeed a good indication of this and some of the machine work isn't as precise as a genuine weber. Generally the Chinese ones work okay.

From what I understood the equipment was moved along with the production from Italy to Spain, so I'm surprised to hear that there are complaints of the items made in Spain when the production line and process was essentially the same.

Not to cause an argument, but Chinese manufacturers, especially casting companies are renowned for cost cutting and this is directly reflected in the product. If you're prepared to accept slightly lesser quality in lieu of a lower price tag then these carburettors are for you. The champion carb is the genuine Weber, and the DCOE is certainly their flagship model. Personally I think dellorto are the very best however I will agree that the alloy used by Weber is superior, by a long margin.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 10:18

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.