Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

NZ 7.8 EQ - Yikes!
Home away from home
From Cambria, California
Group:
Registered Users
Here's a shout out to our Datto friends in New Zealand that are hanging tough thru the latest 7.8 earthquake! Luck and guardian angels have minimized loss of life. One has to realize that a 7.8 earthquake is m-a-s-s-i-v-e ; a 7.8 earthquake last year flattened Nepal. (and, sorry for the tardy shout out - I've been busy gathering & mailing boxes of dog feces to Trump Tower in NYC.)

Posted on: 2016/11/14 3:45

Re: NZ 7.8 EQ - Yikes!
Home away from home
From Taupo New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah lucky more lives weren't lost! Gives an idea of the amazing power in the quakes when you see the aftermath.
Can't believe I slept through it! Although it was a long way from me it was still felt strongly up here.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 7:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From NZ
Group:
Registered Users
Rating has been related to 7.5. With the way the Richter scale works apparently it had 50 times(!) the energy of the 2011 earthquake which did so much damage to Christchurch. Whilst unfortunately it's created plenty of damage, it was a bit deeper and also centred in a less populous area.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 9:48

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
yeah its signs of the times. In RSA it is very dry in cape town and in jo'burg they have floods but no water in the dams.We also have water restrictions but i suppose nothing compares to the earthquakes --humans messing too much with nature. Proof of this is whats happening in the country.Zuma cutting deals with the guptas[india] sort of state capture.Security minister in on the rhino horn smuggling with known chinese/vietnamese criminal and another minister out of parly cos guilty of fraud charges.GREED GREED GREED. If you ever asked to donate to save the RHINO or any other animal just say NO cos the money never gets there.Vets have been involved as well.Dont waste your time and money --if its gone its gone.Anyway we've all got our probs --all the best to the peeps in NZ

Posted on: 2016/11/14 15:18

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
Check this video --- caught red handed on vid and piccy on phone https://youtu.be/JMguWY99q6s as if we have not got enough natural disasters. BOYCOTT anything to south africa we got enough DATTO 1200 parts to last a lifetime. As if the rugby is not a disaster on it's own thanks to sports MIN

Posted on: 2016/11/14 16:52

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
whoa i see some big holes in NZ [news].i like the way they say the visitors have got to make do with the food that they get and then the cameras show a plate of crayfish [thats luxury] Anyway all the best --i'm sure you'll get over it. RSA --tornado hit s/where in joburg

Posted on: 2016/11/15 11:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]