Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Gear Drives ..
Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
anyone know if u can get gear drives for an a14/15? I got hooked on the sound when i had
my old EH wagon.
thanks, Linc.

Posted on: 2001/5/11 4:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Gear Drives ..
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Linc I presume you are talking about cam gear and therefore no. I am still working on the idea of using the E15 bits and although it looks more complicated than I first thought I have
still not dismissed it. This is of course a belt drive system. They can sound good also.
What I do have and am working on is setting up a gilmer drive for the auxillary pulleys.
I am going to graft the outer of a Fiat cam pulley into the inner of the A crank pulley. Use a E15 crank pulley, the little one on the crank for the alternator and then maybe buy a water
pump pulley or graft one on from say the E15 idler which is in the A15 cam position. On the E15 it drives the fuel pump and acts like an idler.
Then it will just be a matter of finding the right length belt.
Unfortunately this is not a priority at present.
If you are keen the Mini's now have a gear drive which may be adapted but that would be expensive.
What about from the Holden range.Someone once told me that some people were using Holden drives on the A series but didn't have all the details. It is obviously a made up thing has anyone
ever heard of this.

Posted on: 2001/5/11 7:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.