No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Melbourne, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
the little dat that could has been spiced up a bit over x-mas

its been doing the 150km's a day since it was built with no real drama

but the original a12 had seen better days

now slipped in my old a15 with the auto and she gets a long a lot nicer

also had the air con all juiced up for the modern refrigirant and thats keeping things icy cool in the cabin

the overall look is still the same but the engine bay is looking a bit different to stock with a bigger radiator to help it cope with running AC in the heat

some may remember talk of an accident (dofus at a round about hit the front corner), unfortunately it has taken ages to get any money out of him, and the damage is still there, hopefully we will attack that one weekend in the near futur

Posted on: 2010/1/17 10:54
1200 Coupe Project A15ETT
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Dattogal gets a datto
Guest_
nice- auto a15 and a/c- all it needs are nice wheels and some paint- but that will come- then the a15tt might have to go in and datogirl gets a new daily... great plan mic- love it already ;)

Posted on: 2010/1/17 11:18

From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Still driving my 1200 coupe with 1200 engine & auto & have been back a week after spending a week in Victoria in the recent heatwave.

Made it out & back without any real drama averageing 38mpg overall. Not fast, but reliable & thrifty which was better than a lot of newer cars that I passed, broken down on the side of the road, so I was happy with that.

Posted on: 2010/1/17 20:45

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
lol good one unfam, it's already got nice wheels

i got a bit over driving my auto a12 in 30C+ heat, sweating my legs off
rallycar didn't think the air con would be much chop without a bigger engine so... a15 went in
then he was worried about overheating so the radiator went in... and he stuffed up my transmission so another one of those went in too (get me to tell you the story one day, i have to laugh so i don't cry :P $950)

runs beautiful, about 50% of the time =) which is good enough for me when i've got the cool air blowing :D

Posted on: 2010/1/18 8:55
Intermittent wipers, air con, remote central locking and fully sick stereo for a:

"Family Car"

Mrs 1200rallycar

Guest_
why only 50% of the time... i heard his version of the sotory sort of when i saw him out the front of sandpaper sally last week.share claire bear, share

Posted on: 2010/1/18 10:09

From SE Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
I'll have to keep my eye out for it on the road! I think I've only seen about 5 or 6 non utes in the last year on the road so I'm sure to spot yours I'd say

Posted on: 2010/1/18 10:38

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
really quick update on my "beast" (haha!)
you'll def be able to recognize it now mildman, it's sporting a very sexy black front passenger guard cos I finally got around to fixing the accident damage from the tool at the roundabout. new chrome eyebrows and bent the front bumper back roughly straight

looks ok, badly needs a respray and a cut and polish now
can't quite bring myself to crack out the poo brown paint though

other fixer uppers...
got my friendly tame mechanic to have a look at my coughing and sputtering problems and he said that the a15 that unfam sold to rallycar was missing a condenser on the dizzy... hence overheating and generally running like crap... since fixing that runs like a dream - so thanks for the sweet engine unfam!!

really is a great ride now, handles even better with the 15 behind it, even with the air con cranking all the way to werribee

totally cut at the autoshop (eastern automatics, scoresby rd) never go there!
did an alright job with the air con, cept it needed another bracket and it has this crazy squeak when revving below 2 grand
did a totally craphouse job with the auto

couldn't order the right parts to save their life so we gave them our other auto box to fix the one rallycar stuffed which they completely demolished
didn't bother putting any bushes on it so it's loose as sh**T
selector linkage then fell out of the car when i was driving home about a month later
literally *FELL* a completely unpossibility'

anyway at least they fixed it for free and it starts in park now
not very happy tho

edit: not having a go at unfam, i realize that prolly sounds like sarcasm, but it really is a sweet motor and we had no idea about the dizzy

Posted on: 2010/3/6 8:27

Edited by Dattogal on 2010/3/6 8:47:03
Intermittent wipers, air con, remote central locking and fully sick stereo for a:

"Family Car"

Mrs 1200rallycar

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
it needs red stripe tyres

Posted on: 2010/3/6 9:53

Guest_
its cool- always wondered why it ran like crap too after servicing it at another mechanic, it was for dizzy problems now that i remeber too- apart from my usual one. aholes- now lower the damn thing claire- saw it on thurs or friday when you were heading towards the eastern near royal parade- looked and sounded good- had a fair pit of pace across the intersection.

that motor was good- compression was great but like i said never understood why it ran like crap.

LOWER IT- front has positve camber- its wrong!!!!! just like the word unpossible.

Posted on: 2010/3/7 1:58

Guest_
wedding. wtf just noticed- congrats- now make him buy you a house and a ring worth 3 months wages ... i dont want to hear excuses- just the ring! or a datsun worth just as much- i volunteer my car if you need or want a datsun procession or tell us where it is so we can organise a cruise that day and sit out side the church tooting our horns(if they work that is- datsuns, yoiu know what i mean)

Posted on: 2010/3/7 1:59

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.