Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 15 »

Re: South Island Labour Weekend Cruise
Just popping in
From otago
Group:
Registered Users
i would be keen to come up and meet you guys and get some datsun action if i am not working cannot drive datsun still need to certify mine but will trailer mine if there will be some where to go for a skid??? legally

Posted on: 2004/8/31 8:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
Group:
Registered Users
Hey jedi

pm me your details please. As for a leagl skid, levels has a national meeting that weekend and at ruapuna the track is already in use. I have just had a wee thought, if the guys who want to have a legal skid around a track on this weekend and dont mind coming to levels, i m sure that i could get them to let some of us with the right gear(overalls, helmet) do something at the lunch break, but this would mean that driving to Akaroa and BBQ would be out for that weekend. We could still have the BBQ at my place or levels????

I know that this is changing everything, but hey a drive vs a legal skid.....Hmmmmm, I know what I would like.

Posted on: 2004/8/31 11:33
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with ones ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.... Bruce McLaren

Not too shy to talk
From Christchurch NewZealand
Group:
Registered Users
Skid is a great idea, even if you can't get levels, someone must have or no of a large padock that we could set up a small motokana course on.

Paul.

Posted on: 2004/8/31 20:03

Group:
Registered Users
I am sure I could find a paddock, but olny if everyone is keen. I would much prefer seal than a dusty/muddy paddock

Posted on: 2004/8/31 22:08
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with ones ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.... Bruce McLaren

Home away from home
From CHristchurch, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
Keen as!

Posted on: 2004/9/1 1:00

From Christchurch. NZ
Group:
Registered Users
personally I would prefer a drive, but either way is ok. I see most people wont have legal cars so it could get difficult

Posted on: 2004/9/1 7:07

From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
I'm up for whatever. But seal is more fun than dirt. (In my opinoin anyway)
How about an Illegal late night street race, Say Timaru to geraldine? Hehehehe.......

Posted on: 2004/9/1 9:43

Group:
Registered Users
LMAO!!!! Nah CHCH to timaru via the west coast road!!!!!!! I can do timaru to geraldine in 20 mins in the truck!!!

Posted on: 2004/9/1 10:22

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Blair,
I personally think that you would be farting against thunder to get the Timaru motorracing boys to let the guys have a skid at lunchtime at a national motor race meeting, however what do you think the chances are of organising to hire the track on say a Saturday later in the year and we could throw the invite out to all the troops and maybe some other groups to make the numbers up.
This used to happen quite a bit years ago with the likes of the RT Charger Club hiring the track and you could just front, pay your $15 or 20 and roar around as much as you liked as long as no-one was racing side by side. I would'nt even bother asking the Cant Car Club but maybe they are a bit more user friendly still down South at Levels....
Cheers
dave

Posted on: 2004/9/2 5:41

Group:
Registered Users
I think that after what I saw at the international meeting and after having a chat with the COC(who is an old school mate) and also know who to talk nicely to. It may happen if I was to push it along.

As for hiring the track, with the summer season coming up getting a weekend day maybe a weeee bit hard, as there are limited days for the club to hire out the track to a private group, but I do like the idea of asking other groups to jion us.

Posted on: 2004/9/2 6:38

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 15 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]