Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

TRX Wheel Nuts
Just can't stay away
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
Prefer local sale but if your willing to post then no problems. After some TRX wheel nuts, hitting the track next Frday (21st) need them for the spare wheels.

Cheers
Glenn
0407 202 348

Posted on: 2005/10/14 8:49

Re: TRX Wheel Nuts
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
whats the deal with TRX nuts, I took some off my 720 and they worked fine... coincidence? surely they're an off-the-shelf item at any auto store?

Posted on: 2005/10/14 9:20

From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
The wheel nuts for the 200B Aspen & SX wheels, as well as the Bluebird TRX & Series 1 LX wheels are the same as each other & seem to be unique to these wheels.

They have a short spiggot, a bit like a mag wheel nut, but also have a tapered face like a regular wheel nut & seem to be a 'genuine' part, not available at Auto Parts stores.
Chrysler Valiant factory mags used the same design, but with diferent diameters & threads of course.

You should NOT use regular wheel nuts with these Factory Nissan Datsun mags.

EDIT> Picture added.
This is the correct wheel nut for factory mags on Datsun 200B Aspen, & SX, as well as Datsun Bluebird LX [Series 1] & TRX [all three series] Part No. 00438 - U8900. The spiggot part provides additional thread engagement to allow the wheels to be securely retained. This is why regular nuts should not be used.

There was a diferent number for the wheel nuts used on factory mag on Series 2 & 3 LX models, [from 6/83] so it must be a diferent one again. The part No for those, is 40224 - B9601.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2005/10/14 11:28

From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
I cant do it at the moment, but I'll take a pic comparing the two, I'm sure they're identical, but then, I've been wrong in the past.

Posted on: 2005/10/15 3:01

From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
found this pic on ozdat, seems you're after the left hand ones, mine are the same as on the right. perhaps I should stop driving on them

Open in new window

Posted on: 2005/10/15 10:28

From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
The wheel nut on the right seems to be the type that would be used on the factory Stanza SSS wheel. The smaller hex will allow a wheel brace to reach it as these nuts fit down a deep hole in the wheel to reach the wheel studs.

These are available from Auto Parts places & i bought a set for my Stanza wheels.

Posted on: 2005/10/16 2:41

Quite a regular
From Melbourne S/East
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting post this one, I've had a few sets of 200BSX and a few sets of TRX,they have been similar BUT different. Differnce is the depth so a 200BSX isn't deep enough and doesn't get as many threads - just my viewpoint.
Had a Pulsar ET last week-damned if the nut wasn't the same as a TRX in size and depth -pays to shop around - might have been co-incidence, I mean thats over 20years to still have originals.
I have found TRX nuts (no pun) damned hard to find.
Dave

Posted on: 2005/10/19 13:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.