Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: zero point energy?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
why would ford make a car that didnt run on petrol, the people that sell fuel would go broke and it would screw alot sh#t up
you can buy electric hybrids like the Prius, and golf buggies run only on electricity so full electric cars are not far away, thats why I think Ford would make a car that doesnt run on petrol.

As for the people that sell fuel going broke,I think we will run out of oil before we run out of people wanting to buy it.

Posted on: 2005/11/28 3:57

Home away from home
From ipswich
Group:
Registered Users
anyway back to this joe cell thing, i went tru it again and you need a metal container, the anode ( as in the mark 1 ) which could be like a radiator overflow bottle, expensive but easilly accessable. the got holes that the gas stuff could come out, a cap that could be used to put the water in and could be used to position the cathode. 12v goes to the bottle and neg goes to cathode.

where do you get a cathode? a perferated one or somthin. and to get boost you add 1.5v battey or two for twins

Posted on: 2005/11/28 5:31

xh ford falcon longreach s pack 302ci
rolls on 4 big round things
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
thats why I think Ford would make a car that doesnt run on petrol.

Funny thing is, today I was reading a magazine and the EPA has failed Ford America again for fuel efficiency.

The "Joe Cell" is just a simple battery. Using a 12v battery to charge another battery isnt to efficient at producing hydrogen quickly. It would be way quicker to turn off an alternators regulator and overcharge a normal auto battery to produce hydrogen. It would eventually cook the battery but a joe cell would eventually cook also.

Posted on: 2005/11/28 7:56

Home away from home
From Stray-ya
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

As for the people that sell fuel going broke,I think we will run out of oil before we run out of people wanting to buy it.

I went to a lecture on this the other day by a Swedish professor. Current estimates are that the petrolleum industry will be in its final production decline within the next five years.

At todays prices, projected demand will outstrip supply by approximatley the same amount as current production by about 2030. (obviously demand will always = supply, it's just the price that changes) Ironically, the sooner the price goes up, the better off we will all be cos it might buy us a bit more time to find alternatives. The evil cartel, OPEC that has been restricting supply and forcing the price up has bought us about 10 years already (due to reduced consumption over what it would have been with an open supply market) and has made the yanks use more of their own reserves, so they will be dependant on the middle east during the end game mid way through this century.

Posted on: 2005/11/28 9:35

Home away from home
From ipswich
Group:
Registered Users
well whats the difference between a joe cell and a normal battery like the hole anode and cathode thing is diffenence to the plates and led stuff in baterys.

Posted on: 2005/11/28 9:36

Group:
Registered Users
Only difference is a joe cell is basic. Both use 2 dissimilar metals and an electrolyte.

Surely you did something similar to this experiment in primary school. Either way, that page should help you understand how the joe cell works.

Posted on: 2005/11/28 11:28

Home away from home
From sutho shire, NSW, AUS
Group:
Registered Users
But the difference between the 'joe cell' and a normal battery is that it doesnt use electricity to power the car, it uses the gas produced when electricity is passed through water, this process is called electrolossis and splits water (H20) into Hydroden and Oxegen, this is a very explosive mix.
The only problem is that 'joe' rekons that the gas created by his 'cell' was not explosive at all. and he did not mention once in the article about topping the cell up with water, which i think would be inevatable, ie. matter cannot be created or destroyed it can only be changed. So he must be changing the water into somthing and this would cause the water to run out eventually.

Elliott.................very skeptical

Posted on: 2005/11/29 1:01

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
But the difference between the 'joe cell' and a normal battery is that it doesnt use electricity to power the car

I never commented on how each differ in individualy operating a motor.
I commented that both are the same only one is basic. Both are made the same ( same basic principal) and both produce the by-product Hydrogen in exactly the same way. Make a Joe Cell the same size as an auto battery, same amount of plates and the same amount of electrolyte and you will have 2 similar performing batteries. Gets no more basic than that. Apply a charge to either and it will produce hydrogen exactly the same way.

Cheers Steve..........Knows the website is a croc of #### but the pricipals are proven to produce hydrogen and this by-product is proven to be able to power an engine.

Posted on: 2005/11/29 7:35

Home away from home
From ipswich
Group:
Registered Users
low 1000, my thorts where the same, im sure youd have to keep topping it up with water and if the gas wasnt explosive then how did it get explosive. he claimed the plastic pipes converteted it or somthing and he mentioned somthing about nitrogen and nitrogliserin. and at the end of the artical he mentioned that he didnt really know how it worked but it did so i think half of what he was saying was rubbish.

the difference between the joe cell and a battery is that this thing is producing the gas more rapidy which would have to have somthing to do with the cathode and anode things

Posted on: 2005/11/29 8:26

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
the difference between the joe cell and a battery is that this thing is producing the gas more rapidy which would have to have somthing to do with the cathode and anode things

Dude maybe its time to actually get some education on electrics. Every post you have ever made on electrics, has been a misguided view of your own.
Now you talk about anodes and cathodes like they are mythical unicorns. I am sure even the dictionary meaning of each word would give anyone else an understanding of what they are. Each cell in a 12v battery ( thats 6 cells) is made up of an anode and a cathode.
I would love to hear your reasoning as to how a joe cell produces hydrogen quicker than a battery.
Did I mention the world is flat and the easter bunny is real. I saw it all on atleast one internet website.

Posted on: 2005/11/29 9:14

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.