Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: eBay Bidding Strategy?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
wheres OAN878 when you need him?

With the chasers I bought, I put in my max bid ($40 more than starting price) and it bid that much straight away, rather than starting at the starting price and working its way up. In the end I was the only bidder and got ripped off $40

Posted on: 2007/2/5 15:30

From California
Group:
Registered Users
ok, so the sniping website or software does small incremental bids?

damn ... i thought the strategy was to wait until the last few seconds then wammo!

Posted on: 2007/2/5 15:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Adelaide, SA
Group:
Registered Users
That works for me.

First decide how much you're willing to pay.

Then open the auction in one window, open a new window and put in your maximum bid and hit the button so you're sitting on the page to "confirm bid".

Then in the first window keep refreshing until the last 10-15seconds and hit "confirm bid" in the second window.

I've won plenty doing that.

But now that my secret's out, I'll have to kill you all

Posted on: 2007/2/5 16:04

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
No secrets to ebay bidding. Work out how much you are prepared to pay then bid once at the end, say about 5-10 seconds before the end. There is no other strategy. Do it manually or use sniping software like hammersnipe.

That's it.

Small or incremental bids are strictly for the mentally deficient, who don't understand the proxy bidding system i.e. you only pay as much the second higest bidder. 1) You wont win the item anyway as typically your max bid will be one small increment above the previous bidder. 2) It just pushes the final price up.

Posted on: 2007/2/5 20:57

Guest_
Quote:
Small or incremental bids are strictly for the mentally deficient, who don't understand the proxy bidding system i.e. you only pay as much the second higest bidder. 1) You wont win the item anyway as typically your max bid will be one small increment above the previous bidder. 2) It just pushes the final price up.

so does 15 people bidding in the last 10 secsonds, still pushes up the final price... just depends how much people want it. i have a set budget and dont usually exceed that. Its sensible to me. not my fault someone else is willing to pay more. im not!

Posted on: 2007/2/6 1:56

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.