Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: non factory electrical stuff added onto your datsun (fluffy dice with leds? hope not)
Guest_
Don't ask levey for probes

I'm looking into 12v hair dryers into windscreen vents just for demisting. Will free up weight and space of stock heater location

Posted on: 2012/1/23 4:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: non factory electrical stuff added onto your datsun (fluffy dice with leds? hope not)
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Townsville, Qld
Group:
Registered Users
I was putting off removing my heater as it saved me from getting my car impounded and on Ch7 news a few years ago, it's just that good!

Posted on: 2012/1/23 4:29

Home away from home
From Sydney.au
Group:
Registered Users
bootpopper i did by using an aftermarket boot opener thing (just a big magnetic switch) mounted (as you can see in the pic) just next to the boot latch. it pops up cuz the springs in my coupe lid are still pretty good and flexy, also the boot lid is aligned properly so theres no rubbing..

ciglighter : yeh mine is also a bit crap, they factory one, i have to jiggle plugs to get them working.. i think the contacts are all gummed up with ciggy ah or something.. im kinda scared to put the air compressor in there as it will blow 40years of cig ash everywhere in my interior!

LittleFireyOne : thats some good thinkin' ! shes gone from suck to blow! (spaceballs quote)

Posted on: 2012/1/23 5:58

Edited by evilsim on 2012/1/23 7:13:12

From Townsville, Qld
Group:
Registered Users
compressor + vacume aimed at the socket?

Posted on: 2012/1/23 6:10

From Castro Valley,CA USA
Group:
Registered Users
Here's the fuel pump relay I added to my car. Please excuse the hand drawing. Never did add an electric pump but the relay and wiring are there for future use.
The key to this is the Single Pole/Double Throw oil pressure switch.
Open in new window

Posted on: 2012/1/23 7:51

Home away from home
From Sydney.au
Group:
Registered Users
ang94541 : nice one i wish id found it a few weeks ago when i did the work :] although i have the stock 1 wire oil pressure switch, but the same thing could apply, the GND from the oil psi switch being the GND on the relays coil.

Posted on: 2012/1/23 8:33

From Castro Valley,CA USA
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry dude, don't be upset when I tell you that I had posted that circuit in 2004. lol
Oh well, I guess it forced you to figure it out on your own. I've also seen that you can wire "inertia" switches in line with these cicuits so that the pump will cut out in the event of an accident.

On my set up, the oil pressure switch is a SPDT(single pole, double throw). The common is grounded. With no oil pressure the dash light turns on. With oil pressure and the dash switch in the on position, the relay/fuel pump turns on.

Also, with no oil pressure(engine off) and the dash switch in the on position, I can press the override button to momentarily turn on the pump.

Note that this is probably only suited for carbed engines since the relay/pump won't turn on for a few seconds after the engine has started.

Posted on: 2012/1/24 6:17

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.