Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Washington State Datsun Fanatics?
Not too shy to talk
From Spokane, Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Howdy all!

I'm new to the group and hope I'm abiding by the rules...

Are there any Washington State Datsun fans that belong to the club?

I live on the Eastern side of the state and would like to meet and talk with people who have more skill and knowledge than I have...

I've got a '72 LB110 that's modified quite a bit, but I'd like to up the motor to maybe a V6? I'd like to post a pic of the little critter, but I don't know how, and I don't know if it's even allowed.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Posted on: 2002/5/17 22:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Washington State Datsun Fanatics?
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Welcome! Several of us here live in Wa State, mostly in the Seattle (western) side of the state.

> I've got a '72 LB110 that's modified quite a bit

Share a photo with us -- if you have a picture on a web site already, you can include a link to the image in a post (or in the reply to this message). If you convert it to a small jpeg image it won't take too long to download. For example: http://communities.msn.com/davidsdatt ... ction=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1

> I'd like to up the motor to maybe a V6?

Here's a project report: Datsuns.com 1200-V6 swap

On the other hand, the extra weight of a V6 conflicts with one of the best things about the 1200: low weight. A Nissan CA18T or SR20 is a popular choice, with more hp than the V6 while keeping weight low. Both engines are available from engine importers.

<small>[ Edited by ddgonzal on 2002/5/19 9:37:21 ]</small>

<small>[ Edited by ddgonzal on 2002/5/19 9:39:01 ]</small>

Posted on: 2002/5/19 17:34

Not too shy to talk
From Spokane, Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Cool! Thanks David!!

I get over to the coast at least once every two months or so...my folks still live over there...I'll have to see if I can meet with you guys if you have a meeting or informal get-together.

I'll try to figure out how to attach a pic of the Guacamobile....or better yet, "The Striped-Avocado!

(After looking around for some way to post a pic of it, I guess I'll have to create a web-page with a pic of it and then link the URL...if you know of a different way, let me know!)

I saved the two links you posted and I will definitely check them out.

Thanks again for replying and I hope to talk to you later!

Posted on: 2002/5/20 1:00

Not too shy to talk
From Spokane, Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Okay...here goes...hopefully this will work...Open in new window

Posted on: 2002/5/20 1:34

Not too shy to talk
From Spokane, Washington
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2002/5/20 1:36

Re: Impressive flares
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
That's a true guacamole-mobile. Did you put the fender flares on yourself? I've never seen a 1200 with Group-B style flares before, it is quite impressive. What size tires fit under there?

Posted on: 2002/5/20 3:49

Webmaster
From Lisbon - Portugal
Group:
Webmaster
Registered Users
Quote:

Guacamobile wrote:
(After looking around for some way to post a pic of it, I guess I'll have to create a web-page with a pic of it and then link the URL...if you know of a different way, let me know!)

Yes you have to do that, but you can insert the pic in your post using the "IMG" button.
Like this.

Open in new window

I'm still trying to install with a new image gallery for the club, you can see some tests at the club's test site .

But the gallery still has some bugs.

daniel

<small>[ Edited by danielblues on 2002/5/20 13:45:26 ]</small>

Posted on: 2002/5/20 13:43

Just can't stay away
From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
that is one tuff lookin datto!

i am curious too, did you do all that work yourself? those guards look cool...little on the chunky side, but cool none the less

Posted on: 2002/5/21 7:40

Not too shy to talk
From Spokane, Washington
Group:
Registered Users
Sadly, no, I did not do the work myself.

I first saw the car in 1987 and it was primer-grey and I thought, "Man! That is cool! What the heck is it?" The next time I saw it was in 1992 when I bought it and it was now the infamous two shades of green.

The work was done by a design engineer and the fenders are all metal. No fiberglass at all.

The tires that are on it are P235 50R 13's. The wheels were custom made, so I'm thinking about tinkering with that a little.

I'm thinking about a bright canary yellow for a paint job with black highlights on the intakes....what do y'all think for a color?

Have a great one,

Greg

Posted on: 2002/5/26 4:53

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not in Washington anymore, but I used to live over on the West Side also, in Puyallup. My dad and I had several 1200's while we lived there, but now we only have 3 all together. I had one for a while that got me through college and ended up selling it just before I left WA last summer. It's off-white with slotted mags, a guy on McChord AFB bought it from me, so If you see it driving around it used to be mine!! I was able to get a really nice one in California before I left WA, it only had 69,000 miles on it...the interior is the best I've ever seen on a 1200, and the body needs a few spots fixed to be perfect, but it's not bad. There's a guy up in Lynnwood that I met up with once who has a hopped up 1200 sedan, he's part of the club too, but I haven't seen him on for a while. He just got his painted canary yellow w/black racing stripes. He's got a rebuilt A15 w/dual Weber DGV's, cam, 5 speed. I've seen quite a few 1200's running around WA when I lived there, but here in Texas I have only seen two at a Datsun car show last October. What all has been done to the engine in that green/white car? I'm getting ready to swap out my GX induction for a pair of 40mm DCOE's so we'll see how that goes. Anyways, welcome to the club!

-Andy

Posted on: 2002/5/27 16:47

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.