Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Quiktrack Alarm/ vehicle tracker. Anybody have one or heard good things?
Home away from home
From Adelaide
Group:
Registered Users
Hi guys. I was looking at alarms and came across these on another forum and was interested to see how widespread their use is. Apparently they now use a different system, I think it basically uses the cellular networks so coverage is better than website shows. I am getting a current costing for it to weigh it up.
Sounds good, as I was looking at the pager ones, but I think the ranges on those are a little exagerated. I did buy my viper alarm for $600 back inthe day, which was very simple, so this isn't such a bad deal.
Any thoughts?

Posted on: 2010/9/13 0:53

Re: Quiktrack Alarm/ vehicle tracker. Anybody have one or heard good things?
Just can't stay away
From Sydney,NSW
Group:
Registered Users
I had a Quicktrak in a car years ago(8years ago), never had a problem. They called a few times to let me know the battery was nearly flat...
Never used it but apparently they could remotly unlock the doors.
A guy accross from my factory has them in all his HSVs, swears by them after a car was stolen, quiktrak called him and they shut the car down, was found 200 meters from his place unharmed.

Posted on: 2010/9/13 1:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Adelaide
Group:
Registered Users
Nice, cheers.
I was looking at the 'gismo' tracker that you add to an existing alarm but add that up it comes to $1300. That gives me two years monitoring at current rates. After what I've spent it's not that much. Otherwise I can see me not driving it and leaving it anywhere at all.
I'm already organising a removable bollard for the shed. A little too much possibly but will make it pretty hard to steal. Too many horror stories.
The other thing for the first drive is an extinguisher!

Posted on: 2010/9/13 4:39

Home away from home
From RAdelaide
Group:
Registered Users
Viper are releasing new tracking software in November . If your interested it will be over more reliable GPRS network and through telstra . More info to come but can let you know soon as I do.

Don't know how chooi's mates car got shut down?, all three suppliers of tracking software/hardware I've spoken to say it's illegal to disable cars in Australia due to safety?

Maybe he was parked or at traffic lights, maybe that's how they get around the laws?

Posted on: 2010/9/13 12:34

Home away from home
From Adelaide
Group:
Registered Users
For sure if you can that would be good. I was looking at a viper plus the 'gismo'. The latest quiktrack uses GPRS so is apparently australia wide. The 'gismo' needs a sim card, would this be like the viper tracking?

Posted on: 2010/9/14 2:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]