Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

twin webber carb turbo setup question?
Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
Just curious boys is it possible to run a twin 45mm webber carb setup with a blow through turbo setup?
Im quite sure that the twin side draught webers would not be suitable as the floats may be an issue and implode under boost or am i incorrect and is it plausable to build into a turbo carb setup change accelerator pump jets and mains to suit and if plausable different gasket to handle the situation..

Or is it an absolute dumb idea and just go ahead and either do an efi setup with log manifold or even an 32/36 weber down draught turbo carbed with a top hat to suit..

Have seen a twin dollorto setup with turbo but never heard of a twin webber setup..

Want to do blow through not draw through setup

Posted on: 2015/3/22 4:35

Re: twin webber carb turbo setup question?
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Yes it is possible. Solid floats are needed.

A single carb setup can make just as much HP.

Posted on: 2015/3/22 5:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Melbourne, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Kegs did one. Look at his album. Dont think he ever got it running well for a long period.

It may seem like a fun idea but honestly you will end up EFI. so you may as well start with it.

Twin side setup is just making life difficult for yourself. They are hard work to get them to stay running well without boost.

Posted on: 2015/3/22 7:20
1200 Coupe Project A15ETT
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah realized that single carb can make the same power and i have just found the copper floats that can be used.

It really is not exactly a great idea my twins already are a pain as you have suggested but run perfect once tuned and sync'ed correctly

If im to go boost ill just go down the efi line more reliability and can be tuned correctly for boost curve but if im to bother going EFI and Turbo it starts costing alot it would be cheaper to just sell the A15 as is built with the spare A15 and 3 5 speed boxes and just do a CA18det swap if i wanted more power and just swap in for less cost then sorting the A15 for boost

It was just more a curiosity question then anything as i already own the twin 45mm webers jsut to see if it was a plausible choice but if i was to do it be easier to just use one of them and do a draw through setup its quick and simple and will make more then enough power if i was to make that choice

Posted on: 2015/3/23 2:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]