Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

VY-brakes on stanza struts.
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Wondering if anyone has put twin pot calipers over a VY top hat disc (Not integral with hub) which are 330mm, on a stanza strut. Seen a few with older 290mm discs but not bigger ones. Need some detail on adapter plate design.
Birko.

Posted on: 2003/10/26 8:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: VY-brakes on stanza struts.
Not too shy to talk
From Churchill, Vic
Group:
Registered Users
I've been trying to work out basically the same thing. I have VT calipers bolted to 180b struts, but the 296mm VT discs are too large in diameter to fit and the bridge on the front of the caliper fouls on the bridge of the caliper.

Must be the caliper mount on the strut is closer to the spindle than on a common-dore.

The only way i can see it working is to reduce the diameter of the disc to about 180mm and grind some off the caliper bridge for clearance to the hat, but i'd say grinding the caliper would create strength and engineering issues on a street car.

Or use another disc, i cant find my paperwork at the moment but i think 2000 toyota hiace or nissan xtrail discs would be the go on 180b hubs(mounted on the inside) which is a PITA coz ive got VT discs drilled to 4x114 and cant use them.

By the way VT-VY calipers won't bolt up to stanza struts.

Posted on: 2003/10/26 10:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]