Browsing this Thread:   3 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Hi!
Just popping in
From Queensland
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
It doesn't have a 5 speed does it???? (wishful thinking)
No, it's only 4 speed.

The first thing I'm going to do, after the new tyres (and balance and alignment) this week is do whatever I need to do to make the headlights brighter. A few others have done it I noticed so I'll have a bit of reading (and part sourcing) to do.

Posted on: 2005/5/29 7:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Ahh another brother.....I have a heavy heart

Welcome mate and especially to the best group, the B310 Sunny Wagon group!! Im in the process of restoring/modifying my sunny wagon, about 60% complete, the engine/gearbox is back in and just got to do suspension, wiring, interior, wheels and getting the paint job looking shmick!!

The old girl started to die on me last november so i decided to give the A15 a full recondition, new gearbox suspension an d various bitties....

I was pretty much in the same boat as you dude, not knowing alot and ive learnt ####loads doing it - great learning experience!!!
So what have you planned for the old girl? Just tidy it up? Casual driver?

Oh and their great to sleep in to !!!

Keep us posted...

Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2005/5/29 10:12

Just popping in
From Queensland
Group:
Registered Users
At the moment the idea is to get the 'rough spots' smoothed over (new tyres, hinges for the front drivers side door (or a new door), and a complete checkup for problems). After than I'd I don't know how far it'll be taken, I'd love to see it re-sprayed at the least...and have the dashboard replaced...and the seats re-done... and, well, the list continues

Posted on: 2005/5/29 10:37

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Nismo wrote
I was suprised to see that it has an A15 motor in it, as I thought that only some of them came out with an A14 motor.

The Sunny passenger cars were sold in Australia with the A12 engine, but the Wagons had the A14.
After a certain date, towards the end of ther model run, they were fitted with the A15 engine & the ratio of the H150 diff was changed from 3.9 to 1 to a higher 3,7 to 1. The A15 came with the 60 series gearbox, but i have no idea what gearbox was used in the A14 powered models.

Posted on: 2005/5/29 10:54

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
Some (not many) of the Sunny Wagons with the A15 motor(VERY last of the series) in them actually came with the 63a gearbox as a standard fitment, my brother used to have one. I remember him talking to me about a hydraulic leak in his clutch circuit and thinking that it was a bit strange, at that stage I thought A series gearbox's were all cable clutch, anyway I saw the problem he was having and it was a hyd. clutch.

Posted on: 2005/5/29 11:31

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah i have seen one sunnyn wagon at a wreckers a while back with the hydraulic clutch the guy said it was an '82, i thought they finished manufacturing them at the end of 1982?
My sunny has a factory A15 with the series 60 g/b & H150 diff with the 3.7 ratio and its registered as a 1980 Sunny so yeah...

And my guesstimate is the A14 donks were also fitted with the series 60 gearbox due to exact driveline as the later yeah? I spose i could check thru the engine & chassis number,...does anyone have that webpage with with year numbers etc for datsuns?

Dave

Posted on: 2005/5/30 9:04

Home away from home
From South Dakota USA/Trinidad and Tobago
Group:
Registered Users
Very nice wagon.....I have a weakness for sunny b310s and this one looks good.Don't know if you are planning to fix her up but here is a wagon I saw on cardomain.com.You might get some ideas.

1980 Datsun 120 - Ian's Datsun Dust

Posted on: 2005/5/30 10:12

Just can't stay away
From Perth WA
Group:
Registered Users
i barely missed a '80 model sunny/b310, granny-spec sort of thing with smashed windscreen, but had stock driveline with 5-speed? was that actually a stock car?

Posted on: 2005/6/1 8:27

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]