Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

1979 210 Drivetrain
Just can't stay away
From Indiana, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Let me start off by saying that I'm new to this site, however I've been looking at pictures here for some time now. Im not as far along as many of you folks but I'm trying to learn, and I'm crazy about datsuns. So anyway, Ive got myself a 1979 210 that I bought about 3 months ago and I've already fouled up the universal joint. I tried to get some info on fixing this problem, but aparently the aparatus is unservicable. I havent been about to find another universal joint to fix this and I havent the first clue on where to start. I do know that I dont want to take it to a regular old car repair shop an get charged up the ass for a car they probably dont know how to fix. Does anyone have any ideas? Are there any interchangable parts from another make/model I could use?

Posted on: 2006/9/6 17:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1979 210 Drivetrain
Home away from home
From Huntington Beach, California
Group:
Registered Users
The u-joints in that car are non replaceable, so generally, another driveshaft needs to be procured. With that said, there are apparently some driveshaft shops that can modify it so the u-joints can be replaced.

Where are you located? I know a guy in the Northwest USA that has some extras he might sell.

You might also try the Yahoo 210 Group, That can be found HERE

Posted on: 2006/9/6 21:27

Just can't stay away
From Indiana, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Generally, how much does it cost to get the driveshaft modified? Do you know how it's done? I have a friend who has a garage and may be able to do it. I actually found out about the U-joints being non-servicable from that 210 group on yahoo, they have some good information but none that has helped me with this problem. I live in Phoenix, az

Posted on: 2006/9/6 21:49

Not too shy to talk
From Baltimore,MD.
Group:
Registered Users
uneedapart.com

try here,you never know i found a head for 40 bucks out of a MA. scrapyard

Posted on: 2006/9/9 3:46

Just can't stay away
From Charlevoix, MI USA
Group:
Registered Users
Junkyards may be a good bet. My universal disingrated about a year ago. I had a new universal joint built and installed on my existing driveshft, balanced etc for about 250 USD (in Oceanside, CA). I did not shop around to find a bargan, (this car is my only transportation) you may be able to get it done cheaper.But the best part of it all ,is now I have a rebuildable universal joint on my car.

Posted on: 2006/9/9 5:24

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]