Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

my coupe
Just popping in
From North Dakota, US
Group:
Registered Users
thought I would post some pics of my coupe so I can ask a few questions about it. Does anyone know anything about the graphics or the rear spoiler? The vinyl roof also is a mystery to me. I found the discussion about viynl roofs but none of them looked quite like mine. Also, what is this god-forsaken color called? It will soon be a dark blue color but I always wondered about this one. It sometimes looks almost red instead of orange?

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2008/2/12 18:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: my coupe
Home away from home
From Albuquerque NM, USA
Group:
Registered Users
The vinyl roof may very well be something that was added after the fact (maybe by the dealer or an individual), I can't recall seeing one that stopped at the halfway point of the roof. The graphics could be the same case, but I think I have seen something like that on a 510. If the graphics are factory they were probably an accessory and have long since been discontinued. The paint code sticker is usually located on the core support to the left of the radiator (from standing in front of the car), if it is still there and not faded you can look in the wiki on this site to find what the color is called.
Looks like a good straight car! Any other plans other than paint?

Kelly

Posted on: 2008/2/12 18:19

Just can't stay away
From Colac, Vic, Oz
Group:
Registered Users
Hi All
In australia these 1200 coupes had vinyl over all of the roof, not half the roof like yours & they harbour rust under the vinyl too...? The spoiler was a u.s.a. item, not sold in Oz & the paint looks to me being a aftermarket paint colour as this colour isn't adailable in Oz including the sticker on the side. Datsun did release spiced up models in your country, maybe one of them...? Best of luck in rebuilding her. Your cheerfully from oz. Bruns

Posted on: 2008/2/12 18:20

Just popping in
From North Dakota, US
Group:
Registered Users
Oh yes, there are many plans. As soon as spring comes( its only 10 degrees farenheit here) the engine is getting all new everything minus the block, a weber 32/36 downdraft and flowmaster exhaust. The whole car is gonna be repainted and all the rust repaired, the majority of which is under the vinyl roof. Its also getting reupholstered and all that jazz. Should be pretty much like new when its done, hopefully at the end of this summer, that is if I have the ability to help my fiance with it since I'll be 7 months pregnant when summer comes, so I might have to sit back and relax while him and my father do most of the work.

Posted on: 2008/2/12 18:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]